Thursday, September 23, 2004

Looking forward to a Simple Day

Dear Pam and all :),

Good morning!  Just wanted to write a short letter this morning.  Vince is still in his suite ... Man, the guy takes long showers!  Whoops, 'spose that was a secret... *Sigh*  Oh well, I think I'll be able to finish this cup of coffee before he'll be out.  Vince and I are funny in that we both like to get up early and we're both apt to be on the computer first thing.  Sometimes we'll be in our separate rooms only a number of feet away and we'll find ourselves IMing each other ... Eh, its what we do!

Vince has said he's planned the day out for both of us, but he is not telling me in advance.  Mostly I trust him, but secretly I think he's still trying to surprise me with an order of lizard gizzard or something.  He's got a quirky sense of humor.  Best be on one's toes!  He's smooth, real smooth in a quiet subtle way. 

You might be wondering how we are getting along.  To which I would have to say, "Famously!"  He is more easy going than most of us and we know by that certain twinkle in his eye when he's teasing us out of some concern or another.  He's very, very good looking and tall which has turned the head of many Oriental women.  I don't want to embarrass him though by going further ... 

Our habits work well for each other in that we both are curious and investigative and our meals are easily coordinated.  He stays up reading after we go to bed, but then no one I know goes to bed as early as us.  Vince has the most excellent sense of humor.  I love paying attention to how he sees the world. 

As a simple example, yesterday while we walked through a park, I found him well humored by a simple Chinese squirrel trying to eradicate a nut from it's shell.  I said, "Oh look how hard the squirrel is trying."  Vince soberly looked at me and said, "Then think how hard a fight the shell, the branch, the tree!" 

Vince just sees the world differently than most, he's pretty deep.  I was soon envisioning and enthralled with the dominating species and the whole struggle of all mankind.  Vince then only just smiles and notes, the squirrel has tumbled.  It's like, "What V??! What does this mean??!"

Whoops, it sounds like he's almost done, gotta go!

* Only virtual airplanes were used in the making of this story and all but one was not seriously harmed.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunday!!    Formula 1  !!!  Michael Schumacher!
Ferrari! [see my About Me section for his car]
V