Sunday, April 17, 2005

Leisurely We Sift

Good late afternoon. It’s one of those Sundays where we’ve let ourselves relax the day away. Spent most of the morning reading and then we took a nap. *stretch ... Yawn* Chief ... it’s him having a bad affect on me!

Not too sure what to write now, except I know I need a break from reading. Maybe just a little bit.

Hmm, took care of one other task. I wanted to advance the grant picture. We now know what we’d like to do with the third grant, but a call will have to be made for the application tomorrow. Ok, Ok that’s all tidy now :)

Mmm, dinner’s done too. Just finishing up with pineapple pieces for desert! We had leftovers from last night. Hoped that our friend could stop over, but pretty late for him at this point.

Ah ... them’s the breaks. Feeling pretty good now rested AND fed! What’s next. Maybe check out TV schedule for tonight. That will give me my boundaries. Hmm White sox are on now Seattle is ahead in the 8th. :*(

*sigh* that took a while. Figure we finish off the Sox game, listen to Sports Center and Baseball tonight, then turn on Cold Case and the CBS movie, "Don’t say a word." I can turn on the game stuff and just listen.

I think also I’m going to take an early shower now. I had sat outside for a while this morning and that was real nice. Maybe sit out there for a while after the shower too. Ok, ok ... that’s next. Maybe get back to the reading as well. Though it would be nice to write some. Nothin important ... just feeling the need to be expressive. Maybe get some ice water and medicine too. Yep, yep that’ll work.

Hmm, tying runs on board ... One and two the count ... Change-up ... Deep into center field ... missed the wall ... runner from third tags and comes in ... 5-4 ... Pablo is up. Willy’s still on one ... two gone ... one and one the count ... shoot willies gone tried to steal ... Games over Mariner’s win. *Sigh* Shower ...

Pshwoo ... everything’s done. Nice breeze comin in. Seems like we’re listening to women’s college softball. Ok, I can do that. Think they’re in the last inning unless someone ties up. Ok, ok we’re not going to narrate.

Maybe the point we are getting here is that there is nothing in my mind that is really thinking. I think I have soft fluffy bunnies up there. Hope they don’t get stuck in the gears.

I am probably going to lose this meager attempt to write. As much as I enjoy watching words appear on my screen, we’re thinking better back to reading. I’m driving myself buggy with so little usage of the gray matter. Ok, ok ... maybe later :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{ Ayn Et AL }}}}}


Sounds like you had a nice relaxing Sunday. I was pretty much a hermit Sunday. After working Saturday night from 8pm - midnight, I didn't have much gusto to go around on Sunday.   And here I am up early on Monday morning...but not ready to face the day....so back to bed for a couple of hours!

Have a wonderful week!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Leisurely is Good!!!   Ask Chief!!
V