Monday, June 6, 2005

Must be a Monday morning (shorter :)

Good morning ... :) we promise not to write at such great lengths this morning. We need to slow down and gather ourselves for the day. I really don’t like moving around in hot weather. Thank goodness both home and work are Air conditioned. Just wish I could say the same for car. :( Eh, but it IS a Dr. M. Day that helps a whole lot.

Not much happening yesterday, but what was happening was pretty big. My son and ex-brother-in-law, and nephew came over with the big tread mill. Whoo! She’s a beaut ... going to work out just fine. We had a hard time getting the place back in visiting order and we missed the kitchen floor :( and dishes. Well they WERE stacked nicely and we were for sure NOT going to wash them with a dishwasher within days of arriving. No matter WHO was coming over!

Toward the last half hour of cleaning ... we were not able to move for any more than 2-3 minutes without sitting down. Way, way too much stress on the body ... it was about a four-hour ordeal. Went to bed and got up very sore and with a slight head ache. But, its ok, because the machine is in and heheh we’ll one of is running! AND! As a bonus the place looks much better!

The machine ended up in our bedroom. As much as I think that my recliner doesn’t match the couch ... it’s pretty darn comfortable, especially when needing to run the air. And, it can’t be beat for before bed TV watching! The guys said that I should have put the Mill in front of the tv it would have made for better watching, but trust me ... I’ll sit more often then walk through TV watching. Nice try though!

It was very nice seeing my ex-bIL. I always liked this one. I had three! He seemed to mean it when he said the place looked Great! From what my son said, although his place is big and all that It’s rather a mess. He says his uncle is a big collector and there is stuff all over! To explain his office Macadam just cringed and shook his head. Hehehe ... It didn’t take them more than a few minutes to get it past the "L" in the hallway. They had to stand her up on end though. And the space in the bedroom is just perfect. I tried to get past that these guys were all in my bedroom, and while fixing the safety devise, my BIL was sitting on the edge of my bed ... that’s a little unnerving. We kept smiling though!

I couldn’t get over how strikingly good looking he had become. He’s 2-3 years younger than me and has had to face cancer. He’s much thinner than he was even when he was in high school when I first knew him. But, shoot. Extremely good lookin! He has also maintained his very good humor, sensitivity and intelligence. Sure do miss them guys ... I would have loved to know them at this age of my life. But, I’ll have to make do with stories I hear from the kids. That all was a different chapter from my book on life.

When he turned to say good bye, I can’t tell what my faced was saying, but he said something like "ohhh," and reached to give me a hug. That really was a very nice thing to do. The visit was short, but about as much as I could handle.

Macadam stayed afterward to talk. He had a lot to say. It is official, I am to have my third grandchild! They were trying not to spread around the news because they are still afraid of losing it, because she miscarried once before. He said they will be much happier after this next two weeks is over. I think by then also, they will get an ultra-sound. Hehehe I’m not sure if I mentioned, but he had a term for the Garvey Broadcast machine. Jacob, Tanner and three cousins are hooked up to a microphone system where they can all talk freely while they play their game. It is the prime family grapevine! HEHE. Poor Macadam, I know he is the one who wanted to tell everyone in their time, but say it’s just not so! This is pretty big news!

AND, there is even more. He announced that if everything works out with this delivery, they are thinking of having a third baby right after the second! YaHOOOO!! Life will never be the same. I know he has very strong feelings of his family growing up together like he has with the others. I sure hope he gets his son though, cuz that could prevent too many tries!

There was not so good news on behalf of his condo selling. The day before closing, he had met the new owner at the place. She walked in and decided this was not the place she had intended to buy. It’s hard to tell what exactly she was thinking, but everything had been drawn up, lawyers in place. They waited at the closing on Wednesday, but she didn’t show up. I guess this is supposed to be kind of unusual that a person would confuse the house she wanted to buy?

Anyway, Macadam’s lawyer said that it wouldn’t be worth the cost to take them to court, but then my ex-bIL advised macadam of the families resources in Lawyers. His grandfather was one of the original nameholding founders of a very big company ... well, not sure how big, but there were 70 lawyers under him. Chris said this was the type of thing they handed over to younger lawyers to test their teeth.

So, we’ll see how it goes. Macadam says they’ll only go for earnest money, the cost of payments all this while waiting for closing, the payments made waiting to close on her again, and a couple thousand for grief. Figured that was pretty fair. Nutty woman ... what kind of game is this that she doesn’t even know the house she’s buying??

Anyway ... that is that. MacAdam helped sort out mail while he was here that was nice too. I had a real hard time tolerating it this time. Just too frustrated by money. I thought we’d had a handle on it and its looking like I was off again. *Sigh* We try. Going to need finding out what happened to the school money. There just sent out a pesky email. School’s fault it had been held up a month, they should be more concerned with making amends...

I’d like that money just to pay for front end breaks and car air conditioner, the rest to go to account to get her ahead again. Computer, dishwasher, and computer program paid for with my dad’s money. I don’t think car expenses over $300, maybe I should have thought of doing that before the computer program. Shoot. Pretty tough driving in 87-90 degree heat :(

Ahh for another day ... now its time to scadoodle. Hope you’re having a great day!

No comments: