Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Late Night Notes

Good evening! I rarely ever write in the evening, but I found myself with a free half-hour with full knowledge I am not up to reading. I also wanted to check in before Deb, got to wondering if I fell off the edge of the earth. Hi Deb! Thanks for coming back!

So far, so good in the schoolwork department. I am happy to say I had in before I left for work the papers due at midnight for each course. YAYYYY. We were so happy that we sang off-tune all the way to work!  Unfortunately, I spent a good deal of the remaining day worrying about the work. I think I handed in pretty good stuff for each, but I was one of the earliest in both courses. I have checked back in often to the rooms looking to see if anyone else has written yet. So far, only handfuls of the combined 46 students. :( Kind of makes me feel lonely. I imagine there are already people working at this late hour to get things in on time. Sure would be nice if I could keep this up, but there are difficulties ahead. I would really like to save Saturday and Sunday to completing reading work, but it seems I might need some of that time to finish up the week. I would like to think theoretically, I could do it. I am under the thought that beside more reading I have to turn in two more papers, do a computer cognition lab, and submit some kind of journal entry. The due date on all this is Saturday. We’ll see. Don’t want to go to bed worrying about it now.

The multi-cultural teacher left a pretty unsubstantial note welcoming me to the course. She Is giving all learners the same dumb two-line note. So far, no show of personality. I think it is a woman ... the name is something like Lajean Jean. Who knows? Jean (one is sufficient) goes by the name Dr. Jean ... yikes! The other teacher we’re hoping is much more loose. We figure he’s got to be pretty smart to be teaching a course on thinking about thinking. Hehehe. But, he is taken with calling us his "special class," has gotten up at 1:30 am this morning to reiterate that fact, and he pulled a joke this morning about being 99 years old. Thadda Boy!!! I’ve got the idea from a few papers he has looked at of my peers that he gives out A’s-90-100% - Excellents, B’s-80-89% - Good, C’s 70-79% -so-so’s. You gotta imagine straight up, we’re going for the gusto!

Not to much else is on our mind. Our sweetie-pie has gone fishin! Woe-Poor-me. The best thing about fishing is that I get the feeling I am treating him pretty darn good, if I don’t complain! Really, there is no reason to, other than I really don’t care for fishies. Rule #1 ... he goes fishing ... we stay home and do something practical! Hehehe He left at 6 am this morning, he said he’d be on the lake at noon, and he just ain’t comin back until the job is done! Teasing ... actually he’s coming back sometime on Sunday. We’re hopin he wins the big final tournament this weekend. In that neck of the woods, they decide winners according to fish ounces captured! :) and, if anyone is interested, he is using super sneaky pink line!

Nothing on V. Mostly, because he reads this journal and maybe would surprise me with umm, frustration if I didn’t get his name off my front cover. Just for the record V. Last Happy birthday to you!

Yes, I am at a grand age in my life. Noone gets mad at me anymore, cept the boss, and instead people just get frustrated. I think that is one step up from mad. Maybe two. The neatest part is that everyone seems to be getting ummm frustrated, but they use their indoor voices! Wow!

We had a good Doc appointment Monday, in that, middle to old age parts were out. Whoever did so much work on reading the hard pages was out to discuss the work. I am glad to report, he was thinking it was hard stuff too! No fun doing hard stuff if everyone is thinking of it as easy.

Well, that’s about it for now. Oh yeah! Don’t forget Friday we get to eat out at the rib place! YAYYYYY! Plus teacher store ... I have my big 30 guacamoles lined up for quick spending. I’m pretty sure they don’t have any soft chairs to be resting on, though Sr. Likes to spend at minimum a good half hour in the tiny store.

Oh, there’s one piece of sad news too. My big work computer had to go to the computer hospital today. They expect she might be released on Friday. She had a terminal problem and they need to do a brain transplant. She most likely won’t have use of the programs, but they say she’s retained file memory. As you could expect we’re all a little weepy. Please no cards or flowers, send your prayers instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your puter hehe Glad you didn't fall of the earth i was wondering:) Have a good night

Deb

Anonymous said...

I’ve got the idea from a few papers he has looked at of my peers that he gives out A’s-90-100% - Excellents, B’s-80-89% - Good, C’s 70-79% -so-so’s. You gotta imagine straight up, we’re going for the gusto!

Hard to believe!!  Goin` for A`s ???
Hehehehehe.
V

Anonymous said...

Hope you are ok its friday yahooooo!!!!!!!!

Deb