Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It'll be Margaritaville Tonight

Good morning! I’ve been reminded that its been a couple of days since I’ve updated my MPD journal. Yay, for all those little robins sitting on our shoulders keeping us up to date with worms left to yet catch!

I have a little break in the action, because for one, my physical therapy appointment has been canceled for the day, but I am not expected into work until about 8:15 am. Hmm, that means I should be in the shower in about 45-60 minutes. YAYYY shower break! The second thing is that for the moment, we are all caught-up on our assignments YAYYYYY for being AHEAD!

Wow V! Guess what?? Chief’s up! All I had to do was turn off the air and open the door. Wow! *Giggle*

So, let’s see anything up?

I guess the worst news is that I’ve had a cold for about a week now. I think it is getting better. There is far less coughing and my throat doesn’t hurt as much. Maybe that’s not a good thing. I can’t really feel too much of my throat. But, for the last four days I’ve had laryngitis. Whoops! The nice part was that for a few days, I had the secretary taking my calls. Ahhh… Peace!

We’re going to need concentrating more on work the rest of the week. I know, I know … you’ve heard me say that before! BUT, it’s true! Hehehe, well, within limitations. I’m planning today to conquer those new chrononotes and start the CARF work again. It would make me feel sooooo good to get these things out of the way. You know … old fashioned productive nose-to-the-grindstone Lutheran hard work ethic?? I’m so pumped up now, I think I could manage to even start some more grant work. I just have to remind myself where I left off. You will know I’m really on target when I feel so much ahead I’m washing dishes again. Hmm, not to push it.

Hey, Kitties are frisky again … just ran behind me from outside to the kitchen. They are so quick; I never know whose chasing who. I love to hear the sound of their little paws "romping."

We had a wonderful outing with the boys and my granddaughter over the weekend. Yayyyy Mother’s DAY! I even received a carnation. Well, two actually. I shared one with my granddaughter, because she said her mama needed one. Awe, that girl is going to break someone’s heart!

We went out for brunch and did some good catching up. Both Macadam and Jacob were there. Let’s see any news? Hmm, well Macadam says that Tanner is doing better. That was good news. The bad news is that they are expecting the boys’ grandfather to lose memory of people by the end of this week. They are quite sure that he won’t survive another three weeks. There is a lot of mental preparation and other arrangements being made. Both my ex-in-laws were very close to one another. I know my ex-mother-in-law is a very emotional woman when it comes to love and adoration of her husband. I feel very bad for her and the loss the family is going to feel without him. He’s been the head of a very strong family for quite some time. He’s always held a special place in the hearts of my sons. God Bless him.

There was some loose chatter about other things such as the boys’ school and work, but I don’t think people were focused too deeply. It felt really good though in being together. Everyone was pretty relaxed. Maybe a little tired. Macadam feels so strongly toward his grandfather … he’s always been Macadam’s namesake … and it doesn’t help that Jacob is in his finals week. Hope everyone will Be ok.

Hmm, seems like my friend was right … big thunderstorm. There is terrible wind and rain out there now. We had to shut the doors, because it made my curtains stand on end, AND it was very cold. Yeek. Better get in the shower in 15 min. Rain always slows traffic when using the expressway. Sure does make my nice cup of warm coffee feel good!

We’ve been over a week without Dr. M. appointments of late. The first one was missed because the cold and coughing was so bad, and the second one we figured should be canceled because the stress talking would have put on my lame voice. It doesn’t matter though, because whether the voice comes back or not, we’re going to be there on Thursday.

Hmm, some really big thunder. We just saved our work. We’re a little too excitable to turn off the computer. Wouldn’t know what to do. Rain is coming down hard now. Makes me feel like wanting to grab my big white down blanket.

Shwoo. Lucky we saved. AOL messed up and froze the computer. It seems like the worst of the storm has passed. I don’t hear the wind and rain and the thunder is at a distance. I guess we’ve survived … so much, for asking sr. for a rain delay!

Let’s see time for one more thing … what should it be?

How bout we say just a "littttle" thing about school?

Well, mostly … what we’re thinking is that it is really, really cool to be seeing other students’ work beside your own. AND, it is really cool that you are required to comment on the work of others, cuz it gives one a really good excuse to look for good stuff in others’ work. This time it took us a little longer to get our work in, and we’re pretty sure he’s going to say we wrote "TOO much!" But, while I was doing the work (which seemed pretty darn hard), I had the feeling that it was one of those things that was "good for us." Because this last big assignment included work on history, it made me really consciously figure out what each of the different era’s meant toward the field. I’d never put all that together before, even though I’d had a history of Psychology course during the last semester of the BA program. Kinda stuff that makes you feel gosh darn good!

Hehehe, well that’s about it for now. We’re going to count on it taking us at least an hour to get there. OH, one more thing! If I play my cards right, there is a chance my friend is taking us out to Margaritaville tonight! YAYYYYYY for friends with credit cards! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chief is up?   WoW!  Probably, just for a moment!!
I know you had a great weekend!
I`m so happy that you`ll be sein` Dr M today!!  Lot of good things to share!!
V

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been sick, hope you feel better soon, colds are icky. They don't really do anything horrid, but they take forever to go away. Spring ones are the worst, you can't smell all the pretty flowers when you're all stuffed up!
Margaritaville sounds fun, have a good time if ya get there.
Have a lovely Thursday night!
meri