Monday, May 23, 2005

Morning ... Time to Start Things Off

Good mornin! I missed a nice relaxing Saturday post, but I figure I have some time this morning. I’ve cleaned up the living room and organized the dirty dishes ;) and have taken my shower and cleaned the bathroom. The occasion? Delivery of groceries today! YAYYY!

They are expected any time during the next two hours. I can do that. I would still like to clean off the kitchen table AND wash some of those dishes after they soak a bit. But, otherwise, I have no other plans for the next two hours.

Yesterday, I finished two assignments that were due yesterday, and I went ahead on one of this week’s assignments. So, I’m feeling pretty safe there. I would like to do some grant work after 9 am. I am behind on that venture. The big goal though is to get ALL the dishes washed before the end of the day and to have the rest of the house picked up ... Basically, that means I need to do the bedroom too. Sure be nice to be on-track on that score.

Part of my cleaning is due to over-excitement of a very neat purchase we’ve already made this morning. We broke down and ordered a portable dishwasher. She’s a beaut ... top line maytag with six year warranty. I can’t tell you just how excited this purchase makes us. It’s the most sensible thing we’ve done for the last year. And, I’m pretty sure our friend is going to bless the decision. I ran into him earlier though ... his first question was, "Who is going to load her?" YIKES! I have some reputation building to do.

I think in general if I could get a handle on this cleaning thing again, it would make a world of difference in self-confidence. I could feel good about my work area and time designations.

I made this decision actually, two other times. The first time was after having moved into the victorian and the other while we were still living in an apartment with the boys after just getting divorced. I had been a client at a service for disabilities. I was working on learning computers and the last marker was that I’d been skipping days in the program because I was overwhelmed with the program and taking care of three boys on my own. The day after we ordered the dishwasher, we got a job offer that changed everything. We think of that decision as one of life’s blessings. We’re at that point again, especially, with school and work responsibilities being so heavy, AND the back being as it were.

Hey!!! Grocery people are here! I guess, whatever situation ourhome is ... it is going to have to be good enough. YAYYY!! Potato salad! That is the first thing we get into after the delivery has been made. It’s our treat supreme! Ok, ok ... we’re going to be calm here. Sure hope we don’t get a grouchy delivery person due to the amount of groceries and the stairs. V has convinced us to be a "little" more generous with the tip. He’s sure a good guy!

Hmm, beside myself with excitement now. GROCERIES!!! We hadn’t ordered them since the first of April, although we were supplemented from our friend a couple of weeks ago. Fridge sure has looked bare!

Whew! That’s done ... groceries are all up ... it took him four trips, yeeks! The order has filled up the entire inner kitchen floor ... Going to have to work on getting everything in slowly. First, our treat!

Little worried though ... it doesn’t look like we got canned cat food. We thought we had, but instead it looks like "Packets" of something. I’m not sure if that is what our kitties had in mind. I thought I was careful, but obviously misunderstood something.

AHA! It’s almost like canned! It must be new ... it is canned typed food, maybe a little more sauce, but it comes in packets! Pretty good deal. It’s already been kitty approved and maybe with a smaller amount ... Chief won’t become so lethargic after eating. YAYY!!

Whoops, Missy missed frozen yogurt. Bet she would have liked that. Well, at least we did. Never had frozen yogurt before ... smooth and creamy ... umm, that was the treat for, umm having carrots and spinach veggie dip before frozen yogurt! I’m sure I’m stacking up the health points. Hehehe. Maybe, I should have found something for breakfast first ... It’s been like being a kid in a candy store.

Suppose, we should figure on putting some of all that away? Yeeks, been almost an hour. Where did the time go? Hmm, this is going to take a while ... Need to sit down again due to back problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! I missed this entry!! {but I was pretty well filled in!]
V