Wednesday, May 4, 2005

On the Run

Good morning, good morning … we have not too long to write at this time.  Maybe about a half hour.  We have physical therapy this morning and then a stop over at the nutrionalist afterward.  Hope that goes ok.  I know he’d wanted me to join some group for “bad diabetes people.”  Umm, that didn’t happen!  We’ll use for our excuse, of course, we’re BUSY!!!!  Though, not sure if he’ll appreciate that.  Hmm

 

We’re caught up for the moment with our school work.  That is a relief.  Yesterday, we were looking through an excellent dissertation.  Shoot, shoot, shoot, sure am going to have to get on the ball before something like that could ever happen.  My hat is off to anyone who has ever pulled off that Herculean type effort!

 

There is not too much going on other than school right now.  First week and all is pretty exciting.  My world feels very different already.  Maybe holding my head up about two inches higher!  

 

I haven’t talked to the work people about it much.  I told people at the staff meeting that we were doing it.  It got a null response.  Not sure what that is all about.  I did figure out that for some people, it makes them think out loud, “I would like to go back to school too!”  Well, I say the more the merrier!!!  This is the “good stuff” of life!!

 

It seems to have made me more interested in what I could be doing at work.  This last couple of days though, it has been hard to focus on doing traditional work tasks.  But, that will have to be accomplished.  Can’t afford to get too behind.  I noted yesterday that when anyone rang or knocked, I would tense up … felt too busy to be getting additional work or problems.  Maybe that wasn’t so fair for me to be doing?

 

I haven’t mentioned yet, but we had another very good visit with our son, Macadam, and his family over the weekend.  He invited us over for a barbeque.  When I arrived, my granddaughter was just getting home from church school.  She had in her possession a little plastic container for her new friend.  His name was worm.  God bless Spring!  And, good luck worm!  

 

The food was great, but Macadam may have over-indulged.  There were polish sausages, hamburgers, chicken shiskobobs (Hmm, no spell-check hints?)  We also had potatoes, and a vegetable medly of asparagus, carrots and onions.  WOW terrific dinner!  Lee had been scheduled to work, but she came home early due to excess hours, business too slow … something like that.  We enjoyed the conversation.  Yesterday, was lee’s birthday.  She is now 24.  YAYYYYYYY Lee Happy Birthday!

 

My friend came over the day before.  We had Chinese … and as luck would have it, he inspected the contents of the fridge.  Hmm, it was pretty empty.  Last night when I came home, I discovered he’d done an “emergency food shopping trip.”  WOW!  We’re definitely blessed!  It will be enough to hold me over until we run out of cat food or coffee.  

 

Hmm, maybe by the weekend?  We’ve been a little tapped for the bucks of late.  Rent and bills went out, but after shopping for school books,there is not much left over.  We’re thinking we’ll get some financial support from the school next week if we take care of a few small paperwork details this week.  Let’s see, I need to find the receipt from the computer, find a blank check, and hmm, anything else?  Think that’s it.  

 

Yeeks!  Not this morning though … Gotsta go!  Almost forgot we were supposed to be in car by 6:15!  Take care All!  Thanks for the "going back to school thoughts!"  and for the one who left the CARF message, YES!!! Please let us get together.  I know of no one else going through it, but CARF takes up a lot of our mental energy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

busy busy you all are! It feels kind of good though doesn't it. I know I like the crazy hectic running around , but then I don't like being idle. :)
The null response from others could just be simple jealousy or insecurity. Some folks don't like chane even when it has nothing to do with them.
Have a great day and don't get behind. :)
Meri

Anonymous said...

Ayn!  So glad you saw my comment!  Feel free to contact me at dianne2@okcsos.com   I am up to my eyeballs in CARF Prep- my mind is mush.  After I posted my message to you, I then looked at the congrats on going back to school.  I will look again more closely, but I extend my congrats to you, also.  I am considering doing so myself for an MHR LPC (therapist).  I do contract administrative work and am thinking that the older I get, the less the work will be available via contract if I don't secure some credentials to carry on through retirement if I so choose.  Currently, I am Corporate Compliance for a drug/alcohol treatment center.  I look forward to an email from you sometime.  latteedi (dianne)

Anonymous said...

You really are busy, but it's better than being idle, isnt it. You are putting your time to good use. Keeping you in prayer too.
Hugs- Barb http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
                http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I`ll bet that was a special Dissertation!  { Hehehehehehehehehehe }
V

Anonymous said...

Natural & perfect Congratz, Ayn...
flowres & smooches^^
chekylata