Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend Wrap-up

Good mornin ... almost missed the whole weekend, figure it’s time ... We’ve got about 1 ½ hours before Dr. M’s appointment and work. Not enough time to get into grant work, woke up too late. BUT, I really do have to do something there ... way behind. :(

This weekend was a pretty quiet one as things go. The last trip out was stopping by at the bank Friday night. We’re still waiting for money to clear, so weren’t even able to order groceries. Maybe by tomorrow though. Will be nice. There’s been stuff to get us through weekend, but lunches at work are terrible without yogurt and apples. Hmm, well we still got apples, maybe bring a few to work this mornin.

I think we went to bed right away on Friday and Saturday I don’t remember ... maybe slept in? But, through the day we worked on a spread sheet with all the school people. We arranged to put some of the details down and summaries of work so that we could remember people better. Took us through most of the day, but I’m happy to say ... we’re more aware than we had been. :)

Sunday though we went through a series of 3-4 headaches. We were able to take them down with medicine, but they kept coming back, especially after laying down which was often because the medicine made us sleepy.

We did do some reading. We’d looked ahead with school references and found a downloadable book on writing objectives. So started that ... will help for work, school, personal, and such. Not very exciting? Hmm?

We did do something fun on Friday that carried over the weekend ... We decided to put some money down on Music Match Jukebox. I think most people get the free version with their computers. We’ve used it off and on over the last couple of years both at home and at work. With money down though - Wow! Great service. Think it cost about $60 though.

What it allows is you to play, "On demand," radio, music, library, or CD’s. Their features are Wonderful. They claim having about 800,000 songs ... and thing is they’re accessible without d/ling from other peoples music which is big drag and leaves your computer open and vulnerable. Musicmatch Jukebox has a search feature by song or artist, but it also has a feature in the new 10 version where you can add a name or two for the search and it will give you a list of like 50 artists who sing in the same area as your favorite, so it allows me to learn new people. And it does this too by keeping track of the music you request in your own library. Or, you can do radio search by a couple of favorites and you get ongoing songs of your favorite types. Every once in a while you are just listening and come up with a new favorite. Like yesterday we tuned into "David Lanz," so then we added his name to favorites and we get like either a dozen albums to listen to or can add to the playlist like 200 of his songs.

Just in general, the greatest service. I loved it! You also have the option of buying for d/l songs at 99 cents, but there’s so much music out there to listen too, not really necessary for most.

Hmm, Kitty just decided to sit in my arms. He’s hugged up against my chest now watching me typing, though it’s a little harder now because he’s stretched over my arms. Silly kitty. He is trying to remind me that we’re out of canned. There is still dry food, but my kitties been kind of spoiled. Hmm, that wasn’t as much fun as one might thought ... let him down. *Sigh*

That was really about it though of the weekend. I think on Saturday night we watched about three Law and orders ... that finally got me away from the computer. And, I talked some in IM, but not as much as we’ve usually do. Didn’t hear from the boys either. Hmm.

I guess about the only other thing in the news is that we’re waiting for the return of our favorite fisherman. Our friend went out for one of his once monthly trip with a big group of guys. They go out in about a 3 or 400 mile radius, stay at small hotels or lodges, sit in small boats all day and ummm fish! I’m thinking this weekend was kind of cold and rainy to be out, but I guess that’s kind of a guy thing? Then at night ... maybe a couple of beers, or somethin and some poker playing. Hmm, thinking Ok, that might be fun? Hehehe, but not for Us. We’re much to inhibited and introverted to thinking being out in the elements with all kinds of people to be much fun. But, I don’t mind our friend doing what he wants.

I usually get some pretty good guy stories when he gets back. Hehehe what a guy will say when under the spell of a nice backrub!

So, we’re pretty much caught up until now. Whoops, we forgot we’d started to write a couple of days ago ... Maybe the 13th .. That would have made it Friday ... We’re going to insert that in here ...

Good Morning, Just Me! Still wiping the sleep from my eyes. I thought we were like on top of things, but I turned around and sitting on the top of the couch inches from my rightshoulder we’re to dissatisfied kitties. They were like both facing each other one higher, the other lower. But, both were looking at me with almost disgust in their eyes. Was like ... whoa, you don’t like me anymore? What did I do wrong? Then, if by cue, Chief hopped down and said, "That’s better, I’ve got your attention. Guilt works!" He guided me back to you know where! FOOD! Absolutely, the only reason kitties get up in the morning! Hmpf!

Pshwoo, that was quite the eye opener!

It’s just that were at crunch time here. We have no more canned or dry cat food left. We used the last this morning during the "forced feeding!" Something is going to have to be done. Now, was I complaining to them that we are also out of coffee!!!! No, I should say not!

Relief is around the corner. Today is most likely payday since the 15th lands on a Sunday. AND, Macadam dropped an IM last night saying that he’d gotten his estate check ... It should be enough to pay off the computer and put my check payment status back to groceries at the beginning of the month, not middle, and rent waiting at the middle of the month, not when it is due at the first of the month. AND, it should pay for KITTY FOOD! Dear... Hmm, brakes and air too? Sure would be nice to have some new dresses. Oh dear, dear ... here we go again! Saving is not our forte!

New key word: sloooooooooooooow Down!

So ... anyway...

We went to see Dr. M. Last night. We weren’t exactly just one, but that doesn’t seem to be the goal. There were concerns, because he was wearing something different ... A BLACK EYE! Hmm, what comes to a patient’s mind at a time like this? Bar fight? Fight with the significant other? Walked into a door? Hehe, well you can see where this is going! So, we bit the bullet and finally asked. Well ... unbeknownst to me, someone had decided to pick up a puppy a couple of years ago. Patients ... we’re the last to know anything! From what I understand now, said puppy head-butted said doctor. *Giggling furiously* There’s obviously things that a good education just can’t buy! I guess Dr. M. Was the only one stunned, injured and forced to a sitting position hehehe. nope! Puppy wasn’t hurt!

You might imagine that not often do we get to hear about our doctor’s personal life. So, the event of this is major! Hmm, a dog! We’ll have to reconfigure our entire understanding of life! It might take another year of readjusting. Usually, when we ask a personal question,we get something like, "So, why are you asking? Hehe, no I’m not going to tell you!" It’s very frustrating. So now ... the scoreboard is again even *maniacal Laughter*

Ok, ok ... enough of that!

There were other things ... Let’s see we talked about medicine at the end for a few moments. Need to take care of that ... maybe in a few days when a check clears. AFTER KITTY FOOD! I know, I know!

I think we talked about work and a couple of other problems like being able to comprehend compliments and being able to sloooooooooooooow down. Lots to go on here.

As far as work, there was a little concern yesterday because of the staff meeting. I had gone into the meeting with a list of topics that were all business straight down the line. I figured I’d been gone a few weeks and should get caught-up. Somehow in the process, I got knocked in the noggin! It turned out to be a meeting of what they thought I could do better. Thought, Hmm, ok ... I think though at Dr. M’s we were coming out of stunned and feeling a little like it had been murky business!

But, I like a couple of the changes and I think they are win-win situations for all around, EXCEPT my time! Everything in my life seems to cost time. :( So basically, the new thing is we’re going to start stopping by to say, "Good morning" to all the clients and staff. Usually, we go straight to the office and sometimes we don’t do much coming out. It’s going to be a transition. That’s a lot of people contact for me, but as we were saying it will be good all around. This change came about while we were going over another change. Sister wants me to be checking in the rooms ... sitting around for bits of time. So, we’re going to take some time, about a half hour to see each of the groups. We talked about the reasons I would be in the room. Lot of different ideas there. In general, I figure we’re in this for at least 3-4 more hours of time. But, I like especially getting more involved with the clients. Sometimes ... it really does seem like I’m missing them entirely.

After the meeting was over, there was one more situation. One of the DSPs, the one I have the most trouble appreciating, wanted to talk about "stuff." I think we were both trying to come to a different appreciation of each other. I’d been stuck with the view that she doesn’t care about work much and spends most of her time off-track and I’ve been very frustrated with her, because of her not doing any of the paperwork required of her position. She’s been gun-shy of me one because I’m so stand-offish, and two, because she like many of the others has gotten into their heads that "I’m sooo smart." Well, that doesn’t make me feel too bright in the least! I also picked, up that chord over the last couple of days with my school peers, and heaven knows what I’m doing with you as the journal group. Back to that not much of a following problem.

Thing is that I spend so much time on my own, I don’t know really how I am doing something not so good . But, I thought always that communication is about the most important thing. I don’t want to go into much more detail at the moment. I’ve got some figurin to do, but that’s the kind of thing best left to Saturdays.

Ok, ok ... back to being Monday morning. I guess that kind of catches up things a bit. Would have hated for you to miss the story of Dr. M’s black eye. Hehe, maybe by this time he’s forgiven the pooch!

Going to turn out being a fairly decent size entry this morning :) Sorry, about that!

We had a chance to think about some of our big school writing project ... we’re going to be working on stuff called, "Precision Teaching." I found out that the book we ordered ... binder really has got information on how to do the "celeration Charts." But, that is not really where we want to start. Ordered another book telling us more about the teaching part. Think it better we go through that before the actual recording part. I’m kind of excited about learning new teaching means. This is the basics of our Masters program.

Last night we got excited about the doctor’s part again ... Hmm, someone’s kitty just stopped in again. I think they got used to a little extra petting over the weekend.

Hmm, ok ok .. Where were we? Ahh, the doctor’s part. Just it seems, at least in this program that even in the first couple of weeks they are getting you set-up mentally to be going through the whole deal. Kind of make a career of this schooling stuff. I’ve learned in the last couple of weeks also, that I’m about as qualified to be doing this as anyone. I’m pretty proud of getting a couple of excellents already. You never know ahead of time really, at least I didn’t, if we were in the ball park.

I started to get intimidated by one of the students who turns out to have his first PhD already. He’s back in the Masters level working on a different area. Seems between him, a few others and the teacher, we’re going to figure out this getting smarter thing! The teacher’s comments to me have been pretty good so far. He seems though to leave only one or two clues at a time. Maybe that’s so as not to intimidate, but makes you figure, given the time, there is always something to be improving. Hmm, could you believe I’ve already been nailed for not being concise? Hehehe

I’m going to be working on that, but it might take a while before I bring that concept over to this journal. Sorry folks.

Found through the work over the weekend that there are about 14 students left from the original 25. And, of that amount, at least 45% are in the services. I think that is pretty good. Our little group is represented by the Navy, Army, Marines, and Air Force. Still not sure why this is so exciting to us ... but, just real cool.

10 of the 14 are female, everybody works, also 10 of 14 or 71% of the individuals have kids. The biggest part of the group (57%) are going into counseling with a variety of specialities. Three are going into business psych, one is going into forensics, and then there is a couple going into school and a couple into education (like me!). I know the school offers a few more fields, but this is how our group is represented. It seems like a lot of the group has gotten into psychology, because growing up there was either some kind of problem, or they were always interested in trying to figure out people, themselves, or the mind.

We also evaluated what we thought to be quality of work handed in and communication patterns amongst the individuals in the program. I’m not sure why this is all so interesting to us, but I figure it’s a part of getting to know people in cyberspace. I like the size of the group now. And, I can’t say that there isn’t a person in the group that isn’t amazing, or at least interesting in some format or another.

Shoot, shoot, feeling all of a sudden sort of sick again and tired. Cold ... We’ve draped a small blanket over our shoulder and am eating the first cough drop of the weekend. There is really not enough time to go back to bed now. Better try to just slow it down. Maybe, hit the shower a few minutes earlier than scheduled? Hmm, warm blanket helps.

Yep, yep ... going to get heated up ... sorry for the abruptness. Take care!

No comments: