Tuesday, August 26, 2003

The Boot

Today seemed to be going along pretty good.  I went to the pool at 5:30 am, was at work at 7:30 am, only took a half hour organizing and taking care of personal matters, then started to work on the 3 Qnotes I'd scheduled for the morning.  I love the format and was feeling pretty accomplished.

About 10 am, Sr. Tess came in with news she didn't think I was going to like.  Apparently, a client's mother had called on her cell phone to say the Department of Revenue was putting a boot on my car!  I tried not to panic.  Sr. Tess was way ahead of me.  Whenever there is this kind of crisis, the answer is to call Forest Path.

You know ... I know I had to pay some fees ($230 all told), but it really wasn't bad.  The Department was close to work, I got to see Forest Path in the middle of the morning, we had a nice lady at the counter, and I even had the money in my bank account.  We started off real nervous because we were feeling like a criminal, but we had to sit and wait for the officer to call in the order, so we had plenty of chance to see lots of people coming in for the same thing.  Most of them seemed for the most part like law abiding citizens.  I felt empathy for them.

Guess the thing I'm feeling now is maybe the satisfaction of being a little more responsible.  I had 3 tickets (didn't change my address on the licence so the city sticker didn't match), but I'd paid one off so I thought I wouldn't get booted.  But, I guess after your in the system you have to pay them ALL.  I had been still trying to "beat the system." 

Later I came back and ate a quick lunch, then started on my CARF flowchart and since Forest Path was there, he gave me a few ideas.  The chart has 55 icons all connected with nifty little arrows.  Pretty proud of it actually.  Maybe it HAS been a good day?  Besides, I'm now safely home and happily sitting at my computer.  Not so bad at all for a first full day back to work.

No comments: