Sunday, August 24, 2003

Our Son Jacob (and Aldan)

I've had just the best kind of day.  Started on the computer with coffee of course, then I IM'd with my friend Forest Path.  We resolved some differences. <sigh> 

Anyway ... we got to meet up with our youngest son Jacob and one of his best friends Aldan.  We had just the best time.  Jacob and Aldan are starting college classes tomorrow and both live on campus about an hour away from home.  Jacob has "done grown up!"  He's a sophomore this year.  We helped them with transportation so they could pick up the SUV our middle son Tanner is letting them use.  But, I heard Tanner say firmly, "First time I find out there is drinking and driving ... all privileges immediately yanked!"  Very serious stuff!  Jacob doesn't drink at all, but maybe his friend is still learning?  Sorry Aldan ... you deserve to take some grief here.  We also went out for a wonderful lunch.    

Jacob is such a love and a very interesting person!  He is a free thinker and works hard at the values that are important to him.  This goes for everything he does.  One of the things we talked about was his and Aldan's college cheerleading (they met in high school gymnastics).  We also got to talk between us about new theories and philosophies.  And, in between this Jacob and Aldan talked excitedly about starting a new school year and what was happening already.  Jacob even let me see his room.  Very huge!  Couldn't be more proud of the two of them.

Hmm, just one more Jacob story?  When Jacob was about 2 years old, he got out of the house with the keys.  The older brothers Macadam and Tanner ran up the stairs to tell me he'd started the car.  Actually he had keys in the ignition, but had only knocked the gears so it rolled a few feet into our other car.  We sent him to his room for a time out.  Next, an hour later, we found him out on the porch roof.  We were in tears, scared and shaking.  Kept asking, "Why?"  Jacob answered calmly.  At two years of age he said, "I got a [s]noopy min[d]."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read your journal. I just wish you the best in the future. I will pray for you every day. God bless you.