Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Crossword Puzzles?

Mornin. Wanted to say a special hi and thank you to Kimmie for stopping by. Most of you already know her apparently by the size of her "inbox," but for posterity we’ve been leaving ourselves notes of late of the people that enter our lives and favorite journals. Kimmie is a mother of six beautiful children. Hehe - yep well that’s a pretty good introduction in and of itself! She and her hubby share a special love and have taken God’s work into their own hands. This week’s entry includes taking in a stray kittie. You just have to know her heart is extra big! Kimmie is working specially hard on a diet, like us. Though we’ve not come close to anything as grand as 3-4 mile walks. To a new friend, we say, "Go Kimmie! Welcome to our world!" :)

There is not a whole lot of time left for this early morning. Seems like its going to be busy all day. We stayed up late last night because the two Sisters decided that we really needed to watch a movie called, "Radio." Can’t remember the last time we watched a video ... although I’ve seen a couple now over at our son’s place. I enjoyed the movie. I’m not sure how long its been "out there." I’m so illiterate with these things. It’s the story of a young man who has developmental disabilities and the affect he’s had on his town. Nice story ... makes you smile :)

Groceries came in last night, so I’d come home earlier than usual. Kind of funny really. We were able to read a lot of journals and had even picked up a little bit, though I’m not sure if moving piles of "stuff" from one corner to another really counts. *Silly Grin* We thought also to call and leave a message on our friend’s cell phone. Just enough to let him know we haven’t forgotten of him :)

Yesterday was a pretty good working day. Well, at least in the morning. One of our clients who is out working is being given just two more weeks to prove herself. She is having a tough time in keeping up. We went to the computer and pulled out pictures of food items so that she can be drilled on which items go in first to the grocery bags. I’m not sure if it will be enough help fast enough. We sent home a note to her family alerting them of the trouble. I sure hope the Center’s job coach is able to put in a little extra time with this one. Jobs are hard to come by and the client wants to work. *Sigh*

Earlier in the day, we spent most of our time working on the CARF report. Really wanted this to be finished before Sister Tess gets back. In so doing, I had to put off Staff Training which will be held this afternoon. Sister had prefaced she wanted this meeting going towards getting the new season schedules in place, so there wasn’t much planning involved. Maybe we will include some of the work we’ve done on the charts for each of the areas. Hmm, maybe that IS a good idea. Want to let them know of how the client’s preferences really do count.

I also spent a little time yesterday doing our first observations for the new year starting July 1rst. I haven’t gone over it formally, but I’d like to do that too before the staff meeting. I want the DSP’s to know ... this is what we are looking at when we see the clients interacting. I did the observation while all four groups were out socializing on the court yard after lunch. I’m not sure if I was real pleased with what we were seeing.

There are being hurts and insults out there without a lot of staff interaction. I need to better understand what their "plan" is. I know I have to focus my thoughts though not so much on what isn’t happening with them as much as what is happening for the clients. What is being set up out there is an establishing of a pecking order. It be ok, but we’re always on the look out for the under dog.

Not sure which day Sister will be back. I probably should confirm that this morning. We are thinking its either tomorrow or Friday. It has been a very nice calm week. But, there are parts of me who are missing Sr. Tess. Not in anyway do I miss all the yelling, but I do miss the "content" of her thinking processes, and maybe some of her seriousness focused on the clients and Center.

Yesterday, there was a moment when I’d entered the Sister’s office to send a fax. Sr. Flo was at Sr.’s desk gabbing on the phone and Sr. Janice was at the side computer table working a crossword puzzle which was put away and work pulled out after she noted that I was there. Sure wouldn’t catch Sr. Tess working puzzles during the middle of a work day! That left a strong imprint.

That’s about it for the amount of time we have to be writing. Nothing overly detailed. I’d rather have a chance to be thinking straight out. Hmm, maybe that’s the purpose one has in going to work? Hehe, ok you ... out the door with you! Hope your day is advantageous in more ways than you can count! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"That’s about it for the amount of time we have to be writing. Nothing overly detailed."

Say what!! *This* coming from our Ayn, the Queen of the 25,000 characters entries?!"

Anonymous said...

etal, a wonderful movie, in the same vein.. " Dominic and Eugene " starring Tom Hulce & Ray Liotta.
V

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ayn!  I just got a chance to visit your journal... Life is finally settling down a bit for me here in my new hometown.  Thanks for your kind comments when I was in the Top 5 a couple of weeks ago.  Sorry I haven't had a chance to show my appreciation until now.  I write A LOT so it must've taken you a long time to read through a month's worth of entries!

BTW, why do you refer to yourself as a multiple?  Does that mean you're a twin?  And are you speaking of yourself in the plural (we/our, etc.) or is there someone else included there?

Help me get with the program...

Thanks again!

Shana