Saturday, June 26, 2004

Man-o-man Viv - Look What You Done Started!

Mornin! Mornin!! Yeeks, maybe we should be saying ... "Afternoon!" Sorry ... this whole new idea of having off on Saturdays has caught on like wildfire over here! Can’t place enough exclamation marks! 

We are very psyched and into the day. First thing has been to get around to your all’s journals. Oh, the pleasures you inspire! I have a real sense of visiting with coffee mug in hand. That old "left key under the rug" sense. There’s been lately some real nice emails, Ims, and shoot, what do they call those cute little notes that pop up reminding you the j-doorbell has been rung? Just love those! Nothing at work can keep me from turning around to see whose visiting besides the boss visiting in my office directly. :)

Really feeling a sense of belonging ... We find ourselves breathing in each moment, exhilarated to be starting the next. Oh, yeah ... let’s see the hands ... I know this is happening to you guys too! And, if it isn’t, it should!!

Ok, cutting down on the exclamation. Calm down...

Well ... I gotta tell ‘ya ... I’ve nothing much more important to be talking about than the One year celebration. My gosh ... like one day later and at least 5 different journals has publicized the event that we’re covering. That’s pretty exciting! 

You could guess that we’re overly detail-minded, or at best a little nutty.  But we assure you it is a valid necessity. Sometimes the chatter gets to be so much as a multiple that it has to be "channeled," just to avoid flight." We find that when we totally focus on one thing or another, we are able to progress the issue pretty quickly.

Then sometimes, I think I’m the result of a head on crash with the blue bird of happiness :)

I’m in need of some focusing now?  This might be long (Floralilia slumps in her chair now).  Ok,deep breath. I think I’m going to frighten anyone who doesn’t already know us. Deep breath.

First thing I want to say ... is something really nice about Vivian as head of this celebration. I think she’s about the smartest intuitive person that is out here. How else to explain the wonderment of her mind for having come up with an event to further tie hundreds of on-line friends tighter as a large group. AND, this isn’t the first time that she has done it!

If I remember correctly, the thing to do though is try to impress that she has to take naps and sleep at night, and that maybe it is a good idea to start thinking maid service again. I’ve always thought my position to be best at encouraging those of whom are natural leaders. We’ve had this discussion before ... it’s not that any of us can afford to schluff off responsibilities on one other, but it is like having a wonderful head of household that everyone bolts together to support, cuz ... you just want to see her happy! Needless to say, I think everyone feels close to Viv as if in one close extended family. Think this credit goes to Viv’s Mom and Pop for having placed Viv in the middle of a large loving family.

Hmm, next is to think of the list Sam has presented this morning. I love lists! Wanted for a moment to progress those thoughts. Think Sam had a wonderful idea that was very organized. I hadn’t been aware of all these things that were going on. Sam says,

"Every Blogger on AOL journals is invited to our One-year old Birthday Party." 

This is where the list begins and the resources grow...

1) comment in this entry:   [viv] Pretty sure the reference is to this entry ...

or if not that one ...

this one ...

2) comment in this entry:  [scalzi] He's into something BIG here!

think Slo’s going to be pretty supportive on the 24 hour thing, Slo be the one ... signed on also for Frank’s dedication, graphics, and I think she’s voluteered for reunion committee!

3) comment inthis entry:  [gregg]

that one was pretty easy ... wow ... lots of excited people!

Take a note ... Awards Journal

Awards Graphics:

4) comment in this entry:  [flora]

5) send a photo here:          [carly] or Here

Hmm, Carly is working on the piece for Frank too! Hmm, Think Mara as well.

6) and here:                         [gregg]  Major hi-way

7) send e-mail here:           [JLandAnniversary@aol.com]

8) and/or here:                    [haiku contest] or Here

9) and/or here:                   [ Funniest Home Typos ]

Sam - is a pretty "on-time" kinda gal!

10) register here:                  [Pam's Directory]

11)  register here:                   [B2BInt'l group link]

12) visit here:                        [Hall of Fame-Ayn]

13) display one or all of these logos:             [b2b/anniversary/torch/fever/I'm in! images]

14) order t-shirt here:          [CafePress address]

15) nominate journals here: [gregg]

listed above, but as well - think also Lisa has offered to do some pimping

and I think Andrea has volunteered to help Gregg with writing

16) then vote here:               [gregg] same

17) enter your float here:     [tracy]

Hmm, not sure about a tracy ... I think hemp is stacy, maybe this is her?  Please someone help me out here.

I really need to go to the popular journals more often.

Hmm, this TJ person seems to be involved. Whew! This TJ person’s bringing ...

"the worlds largest avacado filled to the top with dip and laying on abed of colorful chips!"

18) enter your quilt square here: [Penny]

Not sure if Penny wasn’t volunteered by Sam in the following comment section. Hehe

19) write about it in your journal  

Anyone else ... ?Ahh, man ... a few more at least!  Vince has got to be the best gatherer of people!

The Slack of course, he’ll Paint, Pote, Bounce, Join & Exposit @ length...filosofically, perhaps.

Pam of course is the historian

Barb for the prayer

Vince for the poem

Marcia Ellen will accept a role, hmm? Maybe she'll do a short story?

Whew! I guess Karen is the "hot" person in town? Bet she has connections!

Hmm, Gemini person is private

Kathy’s pretty cool - good with graphics ... web page too! Shoot match her up with Slo!

Jeff got humor covered

Steven ... I hear your already doing a camera project ... maybe others will join too!

Jennifer - volunteered for clean-up committee *Giggle*

hmm, this Barbara person sounds like a sweety ... signed on as volunteer!

Yay ... nother volunteer ... and Hillary is moving to boot!

Interesting Robin says she can do show tunes - I’d sign her up for a cake too!

Don’t let Rose get away ... she says she’ll do a celebration entry, but wow ... her journal is beautiful ... What a creator!

Ahh, and than all the partygoers who have sent in their RSVP

First there is Christina and

Mrs. Linkletter’s coming (ask her to bring some tuna Tetrazzini casserole!)

Maybe Lisa - could speak to the issues of our environment

Lisa is on board as well ... shoot ... two Lisa's in a row, pretty sure confusion is setting in...

Think Karen might be private

Mary - seems a good candidate volunteer for the convention group

Babyshark - shoot - there is need for literature expertise here somewhere ... a consultant if I ever saw one!

Cool Peachy is hosting a block party with a regional collage!

Heheh - Fairplay is all over the chimpanzees and wheat germ!

20) suggest stuff to AOL here:    AOLHometown@aol.com These people always say to give them a shout!

Hmm, this has turned out to be quite a list ... Viv, can we just forward it over to you? Not sure what is here that you don’t already have ... but I figure that I’ve got my seat nailed to the parade route! :) Can’t imagine how much more you’re getting in email, but there’s reasons some of us take on more simpler packages.  I do have to say, I think I have a better handle on things than I had. Maybe it will be useful to others too?  Just so many new faces to meet. Brings tears to my eyes to be a part... Thank you Viv! Oh, and Floralilia? That’s only 10,350 words!! 

Oh man ... if I've missed anyone or messed up here ... please just shoot me!  Umm, or leave a kind note?  I'm willing to correct anything until the next person steps up to progress this even further :)

Sam - This one is for you too!  Without your work ... well, Good job Sam, Thanks for letting us share.  We love to figure things out ... its like "our" thing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{WOW}}}}}   {{{{{Ayn et al}}}}} you've really done some research here. I sure appreciate you being such a detailed minded person!!   Please stay with me through this entire thing  ...lots of people are helping out but no one told me they want to take charge of the overall project...so please stay with me and help me keep everyone informed/updated....you've AWESOME   and thank goodness AOL gave us the 25,000 character increase before we got the anniversary idea started.  

I'm glad you mentioned that this is open to  EVERYONE. We don't want anyone to feel left out or not a part. So thanks again Ayn and please keep the torch lighted!

Anonymous said...

I will update you  update everyone on some others who have offered their talent and their help...I'd better get busy!!!

Anonymous said...

Viv - Oh WonderWoman that you are ... just say the magic words ... look at all these fantastic people willing to help you ... just pick up the J-phone luv!  :)

Anonymous said...

Hello All, Been catching up on your entries. Interesting stuff. Hope you all remain happy and healthy. My regards, Bill.

Anonymous said...

i've finally decided on how i can contribute (being the historian and all lol)  i'm going to prepare a commemorative of sorts of AOL Journal "firsts" .. i've got a preliminary list together but i'm looking for more firsts that deserve mention along with the journals that these firsts appeared in .. anybody thats willing to do a little digging or if you're aware of anything please email me or drop by my own journal
thanks !!
pamela
http://journals.aol.com/his1desire/GirlsHeadNoise

Anonymous said...

et all knows what et all does best...thanks for organizing us lovey!

Anonymous said...

Ayn.. it's absolutely amazing to me that you can keep up with all this stuff. LOL  There are so many names, so many projects, I certainly can't keep it all straight in my head - or journal, for that matter. But here you are, putting it all in order.  I'm just in awe.  

I really wish I weren't moving right now, as I'd like to be more excited and involved in all the festivities. It just comes at a busy time, unfortunately.  :(

Anonymous said...

very, very cool......my world just keeps expanding here..... have a great day! judi