Monday, October 18, 2004

A Delight! Pure Delight!

I don’t know ... you see I figure there are wonderful days ... then there are more wonderful days and it seems hardly believable they can all be stacked in on slim weekend! The day? Yesterday Macadam and Granddaughter Abby came to spend some time. The surprising part? They spent an entire 7 hours that was not expected in the least! LOL I’ve only got 20 minutes to write, so I’m no where close to thinking I could convey the whole story, but man! What a whirlwind lovable day! I think Pooh described them best ... he said, "It was a blustery day!"

Maybe best I leave a few markers ... Hmm, I guess first would be that things were staged around the ball games that were on. We watched a football game and two baseball games ... well some of the last one ... it was just starting when they left, I fell asleep to it, then woke up very early in the morning and watched the overtime innings and Boston finally earning a win. Macadam is a very strong sports fan in the Ray Romano style. He says there are 20 teams and its very apparent that he knows the players on each team, because during the time Miss Wonderful was napping on my bed he showed me some of the 20 some fantasy games he was involved with. Gosh ... he could make this a second job! He says that during the middle of the day at work, there’s not much to do ... I guess he doesn’t like trading at those times, so instead he invests himself in working on the games. Macadam inherited my love of statistics and he knows each week who is up and down of the players ... what he showed me he is doing in addition just floored me. He taken on my multiplicity and plays the owner, general manager, and coach and has multiplyingly invested himself and "staff" in a group that includes publishing his own "newspaper." What he is doing is challenging the other players of one of his favorite fantacy leagues to responding to his opinions and predictions. He reads the regular sports news and associates it to the "play." His group includes his own recruiters and reporters and associated press members.

I’d like to think of this more ... but I’m running short of time now ... and haven’t barely mentioned the time spent with Abby. Basically, after not doing such for quite a while, I was inoculated with pure mothering again. Shoot, didn’t know I had it still in me. The deal seems to have been between Macadam, Abby, and the kitties to spread attentionto all. While Abby was up, she was primary though she was ableto busy herself somewhat. This time she wanted to show Grandma things she was doing on the computer. A couple of highlights? She spelled her name when cued by the computer - accurately! Never had done that before. She trusted me to talk instead of crying when she wanted something. And, even though being toilet trained was new since last week, when it came time to take care of business, she asked Grammy Ann to help her! Man-o-man if that didn’t win some favor! LOL Every swerve she made and bustle of hair went with notice. She moves as smooth as a ribbon in the wind! She let me read to her and she and I watched her father baking and she fed me baby chips after the nap.

Please realize I’m going to want to ... go on and on with this. *Sigh* but lacking of time you all get a reprieve! Little one ... did I mention she brought me her artwork!?? LOL Yep, yep ... Ladies and Gentlemen with children ... the older they get the more family you are likely to have. Rejoice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day. I love Pooh myself.
Peace
Mer

Anonymous said...

{{{ etal }}}
What a wonderful weekend!  Like a fairy tale!
I`m so happy for you!
V

Anonymous said...

Great entry, thinking of you Ayn!!!! judi

Anonymous said...

A perfect Weekend!
And you deserve it!
{{{ hugs }}}
V