Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Warmin Up to the Day

Good morning.  Just us.  We’re putzing around here.  We seem a little foggy.  Hmm, maybe coffee would help?  Hold on.  Better.  Ran into a couple of kitties on the trip ... They seem to be just hanging around at odd places.  Hmm, were they waiting for us?  Still moving a little slow ... We’re finding that PBS news is more distracting than not ... Hate to say it, but we don’t find much interest in Texas politics.   

As far as yesterday goes?  I think we had an ok day.  We weren’t happy with the Dr. M. session.  We were doing more reporting than talking (except for last 5 minutes) and that always drives certain parts bonkers.  And, then at work, we stayed too long and got some stuff done, but made other parts cranky.  Sometimes, ya just can’t win.   

Today?  Hmm, seems like there is plenty of work to do.  We’re finished now with the DSP’s Chronological reports from when we were subbing.  Now the thing is to get caught up on the self-esteem reports from the Thinking Group.  Like to draw that to a conclusion.  I know that I’m even further behind in my Qnotes and I have another couple staffings coming up that I should start to prepare for.  Should be a quiet office day today.  I did try something new in that I ate lunch with some of the staff yesterday.  That was kinda nice.  I’d gone in to get my food from the fridge and they didn’t have the TV on ... YAYYYY.  One of the DSPs has been real good at saying, “Oh are you going to join us?”  I think she is sincere.  I don’t know how much we change the constitution of the group, but it seemed that most were just listening and teasing the newest and youngest DSP.  Hehe ... she was having a hard life yesterday.  Maybe we’ll do that again today.   

Oh yeah!  One more thing ... I’m going to schedule tomorrow off ... we forgot to tell that to Sr. Tess.  Better do that today.  It will be the 11th Anniversary of having a personal relationship with our friend.  He says he’s going to take off most the day and we get to take a scenic ride up north in his new car.  We’ve done this before ... Usually it means a nice picnic lunch somewhere pretty.  YAYYYY for that too!  Umm, yes some negotiating was done to get this special gift.  I found it easier to remind our friend the week before that something special could be arranged.  Now as it is drawing near, we’re finding ourselves very excited.  I love long pretty car rides especially in the fall!  Maybe we’ll make it to Wisconsin this year :)  

Our friend has been complaining ... He has this wonderful new car ... the Honda Accord fully loaded.  With it ... he’s got a new computer friend.  Her name is Selma.  I think he is actually very proud of her, but he says she is always telling him what to. *Sigh* They’ll adjust, I’m pretty sure.  She sure is a good looker!  He’s got to accept that he asked for advice ... such as, “Selma tell me how to get to ...”  Maybe we’ll have a good talk with her tomorrow ... we’ll see how she reacts to being left in the parking lot as we set out our lunch else where :) Like easy girl, easy ...  

That’s about it ... Miss Kitty is here giving me a few directions of her own.  She asks, “Almost time for a shower?”  Funny, we’re almost feeling a little more ready to get into and past the day.  See you later :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that Missy!  Rushin` you!
I hope you have a great day tomorrow!
V