Sunday, October 24, 2004

Shoot What a Day

Good Morning, Good Morning
... Another beautiful day set ahead :) Don’t know what got into us yesterday, but apparently it was one more for relaxing than for work. I had really meant to be writing more than playing, but that never panned out. Eh, what can a person do? So as it turns out it was a shopping day :) Shoot smiles all over the place here. Fortunately, its only 6 more days until payday. We figure by Friday or so? Pam ... I hear you on those boots, I sure did try. They look so sharp on the models, but regretfully, my calf was an inch larger than could be accommodated. Maybe one day. Hehe we studied the foot of the model for that $1,000 coat you seemed to like. I believe her to be a contortionist cuz believe me, that isn’t the way my foot is shaped or formed. I figure first lets get us out of tennis shoes, and then we’ll see where it goes from there! Guessing already though that the closer we stay to Earth the better off we’ll be.
Well, the big news is that ...
we are going to be babysitting! We’ve waited a little over 3 ½ years for this day and now that it is here, I don’t know what to make of it. Macadam called and said that he and his wife wanted to take a Sunday class that was going to take three hours a day for the next 26 weeks. We’ll find out in a little while whether it is the right program for them, but in the meantime they’ve decided to try me out. As it is the maternal Grandmother is already sitting during the weekdays, and they didn’t think the step-Grandmother could commit to the time. Yep, yep ... that leaves me! I think its been very difficult on all of us and will most likely continue for a while. The situation of me being a multiple seems to be the biggest problem. Not as much for me, because we’re fairly used to how we are and have raised three children, but with them and in particular my son’s wife. I’m thinking she has figured we have two horns and pointy tail. Yeeks, now we’re scarring ourselves. We’ve parts that I’ve just insulted. Sorry ‘bout that. Little frustration here, be nice, be nice... Yesterday, we backed up our position. We told our son in IM that we had been a Girl Scout for eleven years, take CPR/First Aid once a year, and had gotten our babysitting certificate when we were ten years old. He said, "Thanks, that helps ... I’ll tell my wife." Hmm, I wonder if these people know that I’m in charge of teaching developmental training to seven staff and 50 clients for a living. I know, I know ... I think we didn’t mean to go exactly there ... just a little pent up frustration. It’s been hard to live with that little amount of trust. It’s hurt not to have a real direct relationship with my Granddaughter these last years. It’s worse with my Grandson. I was told by his mother that she wouldn’t ever allow me to be alone in the same room with him, because she thought we were crazy. Her words were more harsh. I haven’t seen our Grandson now for about three and a half years. The mother had in that time also broken apart from my son and was with someone else. Kinda thing that breaks hearts. I have fantasies of meeting him after he turns of age. On the brighter side ... I am going to be with my Granddaughter, maybe regularly, AND it starts today! I had to start up a whole new line of thinking. Even before we got to our issues of cleaning, we had to think through the food situation. It’s been awhile since there were things of value in the fridge. So, we placed an order that should hold us for a couple of weeks. Might I add that it includes fruit cups, chicken nuggets, french fries, and ketchup?! Macadam says, I can’t go wrong with these things. I am going to need break down my mental barriers of using the oven. *Sigh* We can do this, right? It’s for the Granddaughter! We put in the order last night and it is expected to be delivered today somewhere between 9:30 and 1:00. Our angel will be here right about 1:00, so we’re looking good. Next thing to be addressed will be some housekeeping. Hehe we asked Macadam if she likes to Swiffer! Thought it might be an activity for the both of us, though we’re thinking she’s a little short for that yet! Now, for some thoughts more fun ... I have to figure out all these new exiting thoughts. I have a degree in psychology and my focus was in human development ... I use these skills everyday in my work, but now we’re talking about a relationship with a 3 ½ year old whom I happen to love very much. All the rules are where? Have they changed? In our minds, we want to set up the ideal situation. There is one aspect that we can’t disregard. We still can’t stand/walk for more than 6-8 minutes at a time and our ability to carry is much minimalized, so the aspects of "doing" a lot of physical activity is very low. Most often, it will be as it is in work where we establish the client’s structure without being able to be more than an observationalist. This doesn’t keep up from instructing/learning, but it does affect our mobility with them. I have found over the last couple weeks of Abby being here that I can come to her when she says, "Grammy come here," But, after we get to where she is indicating we’re soon sitting down again trying to conserve energy. For quite a while, there are things I won’t be able to do such as take her for a walk around the block or for a trip to the zoo. Maybe by next year, she’ll be old enough to go with me where I walk from bench to bench while she’s peering into the exhibits that are within near proximity. We’d stil have to avoid situations where there were lines. *Sigh* we can worry about this next year though. For the next 6 months, we need to concentrate on activities within the house. I don’t have very many recognizable toys ... but, with a little imagination there are always things to be doing. What I do have a lot of is books. Last time I was able to captivate her interest in the book on Gnomes. That was enjoyable to both of us. We also have a book on stories from the Brothers Grimm, but I didn’t think it fair that she should be introduced to such violence. Yeeks! They frighten even us!! I also think we have a couple of coloring books, but I’m not so sure of our crayon status. I know though where the colored markers and pencils are :) Hmm, I think in not so future distance, we’re going to want some kind of dolls in the house. Sure do wish I could at least get into the boxes where the boys stuffed animals are kept. Abby’s at a very creative age where she can make transferences. Hehe we had last talked about her skittles as having names and personalities that didn’t want to get eaten. Gotta love this stuff! I think today we should look harder for them boxes of stuffed animals which means going through the big bedroom closet, then the other point will be to let her explore so she knows what is available in the apartment. I remember very explicitly the excitement of going to a Grandmothers where we were allowed to open drawers and cabinets. Hmm, remember the one that contained a large box of pencils and alphabet stencils. That was our favorite. Umm, well beside the cookies. I didn’t order cookies though ... very content with fruit cups without added sugar! We plan to eventually introduce her to our Grocery Delivery Service on the computer. We’re big advocates of choice :) Hmm, how hard would it be to get a stamp pad. I know I have lots of alphabet stampers that could be colored in. Hmm, maybe at the drug store? Let’s see stamp pad, color crayons, calculator tape, and safety scissors. All good. Hmm, many hours later ... That was some break in the action. We got some good tips from Vince and took a three hour nap in the mix. *Giggle* umm, that was one of V’s tips! Well maybe not three hours, but certainly a nap. Another hint was to have Macadam bring one of Abby’s favorite video’s just in case. We’ll have to wait and see if he signs on for that one. Still have no phone. We did ask Macadam yesterday to leave either his phone or Lee’s in case of emergency. We’d also talked about getting me a cell phone, but it only went so far. Eh ... come time. V also found a wonderful website I wasn’t familiar with over at the world of Disney.com. Shoot, we all umm test ran that baby for a while ... Let me tell you its hard to zap a moving Flying Fish! But, we surpassed ... needed an "F." :) We’re back to our 15 minutes break and 7 minutes work ... Figure that’ll help spare the back. Should have our football guys on in a few minutes too. They always seem to lighten our load. Just gotta get past the shower and kitty litter. Maybe do that darn litter next. Hmm, maybe just litter and garbage the next effort. We’ve already cleared out stray dishes and gotten them soaking in the sink. It’s really bad ... we only used stray a couple cups and silverware. Most of these are from when Macadam and Abby were here last week. Somehow these tasks seem to evade us. Shoot, it have been like wiping out our memory of them! Oh. Another sorry excuse? Yah. I know. Sorry. Ok, clocks wearing down ... first get the garbage bag. Empty litter. Sweep/mop. Gather garbage. Set up new bags. Yeeks times up ... Gotta go. *Sigh* That’s all done ... REST Hmm, Missy isn’t so happy. She’s got to wait for the floor dries before I put her litter box back ... Poor kid. I know she’s going to spend most her day hiding. Not much can be done about that. Let’s see ... what’s next? Maybe I should be folding blankets and making beds? Or, should I sneak in my shower now. We’re on wait for the grocery delivery guy ... so that whole deal is making us feel a little pensive. He could come any time between now and 1 pm. 1 pm is also about when we’re expecting Macadam and family. Maybe I better get shower done sooner than later. Yep, yep ... lotta hair to drip dry! The grocery deal was a low budget plan not to spendonly about $125. Figure that should last a couple of weeks. We were putting it off and putting it off by eating out too many Whoppers. But, that’s no good for someone who has a Granddaughter coming over. I asked Macadam about the dinner situation and he said ... you can’t go wrong with chicken nuggets and fries. So that’s what we ordered. Plus we have coming the fruit cups and orange juice. Oh and ketchup! That’s the whole secret ... he says she loves to dip! Got some special dipping chips too though I’m not sure she wants to put ketchup in them too? Seems pretty weird. For us? We found a special treat. I hadn’t realized they’d sold those little tiny loafs a bread for carving out and adding soup or hot stuff. Pretty cool I think! We ordered like a tuna casserole one week and a stuffed pepper for the second week. Both we figured would taste great served inside the bread bowl. We’ll have that when cherub face is dipping! Hehehe Figure it might encourage us also to get over our horror in turning on oven or microwave. *Groan* We’re in a little quandary over our scheduling for the afternoon ... We knew we were going to follow Abby to her heart’s content, but V was pretty strong in his thoughts we should be playing more than working which is including teaching/learning lessons. We’ve got to work that out ... our thoughts so far is that the boundaries blur. Work is play and play is work. But, we need to go over the theory in general. Ahh done with our shower and we’re dressed ... whoops better get shoes on too. One more moment please.
Man-o-man things are happening need to run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It`s gonna be great!   WhoooHooo!
V