Monday, October 25, 2004

Whadda Day

Morning, morning ... Hehe it’s now the day after. What a day young Miss Abby and us had. There was only about 7-8 minutes out of 5 hours that she was in "rest" mode. This is the cuddle time with no squiggling! Hmm, one thing at a time though. We’ve been up for almost a couple of hours now. Most the time has been spent trying to figure out how to get in the members only over at Disney. We umm, still haven’t gotten it. I think it is because my Internet Explorer isn’t working and I need that browser opposed to the AOL one. I might have messed that up quite a while ago. I’ll do some more experimenting after we get to work this morning. Maybe if that works, I will be able to send some information over to my daughter-in-law too. I am allowed by "membership" rights to include 5 accounts total for other family members. I hope it works, or I will ask for a refund. Makes sense, right?

The Disney.com site took up a good couple hours of our day. This happened with the free parts of the site. Make no error here ... Disney is a for-profit company! There wasn’t anything my Granddaughter didn’t know about them. She knew all the characters of both their television shows and movies. Most of the ones we were playing seemed to be designed for a three year old and maybe a little higher. She is very good with a mouse and did quite a bit of dragging and dropping. The only thing she failed to drag was an image of a big shark into an aquatic activity. So ... who is it that has taught her already that sharks are the bad guy? Hmm, Disney? She wanted to know what they ate and what came to mind was "little fish." Now thinking about it afterward, maybe she had expected me to say her! Yeeks! There were a few silly times when I thought I was going to take over the keyboard ... hmm, that didn’t work well. Usually I just use the touch pad, but my son had connected a mouse for her. If I used the mouse, she’d use the touch pad and vice versa. We tried to use words like "stop," "wait," and "hold-on" with limited success. In her world everything seems to move ... I’m pretty sure. We’ll have to work on matching speeds ...

I stuck pretty close to her side, or she mine throughout the day ... I became her captivated audience and everything she did was fascinating! Mind you not always pleasurable. Hmm, umm Grandma’s got to put her foot down? Not sure how to approach this. Like I’m probably not supposed to let her jump and do somersault over the couch? Just she was being very joyous. I’m not so sure on the official ruling of throwing Nerf balls either, hehe ahh V’s signed on, we’ll ask him!

Ahh, very good ... The matter has been discussed ... ruling on couch behavior is that fun is ok! Goes the same with leaving bread crumbs and following certain Grandmothers into the bathroom. She sure does like all the pillows and cushions on the couch. Heheh, she also liked looking at me through our glass coffee table from the bottom up! We made sure she was well fed and decided to forego nap period. I was made to understand later that that 7-8 minute slow-down was enough to refill her with energy. That’s when she reached for her little blanky and doll named Elizabeth. Elizabeth is the name she is giving her baby sister who is not even conceived yet. We’re told this has to be the parents decision ... go figure! We were playing hide and seek when her parent’s came to retrieve her. She was happy that we were fooling them. Told Mom and Dad that we didn’t know what had become of their child. Maybe could have fooled them, but that moving bump under the sheet looked surprisingly familiar to them. Ah well ... we tried.

I was proud that when it came time to go ... Abby didn’t want to leave. But, then after the extra nuggets and fries were packed she was good to go. Hehehe she also wanted the coins and football we’d played with. I firmly believe a girls gotta start a dowry at some point! It seems that we are going to be that kind of Grandma that doesn’t say no too often. Hmm, except for the part where I get 5 minutes to myself to take care of any computer problems that started. Abby was hesitant to give up her control of the keyboard to the amount of time necessary to troubleshoot. I wonder if love of computer can be passed on genetically...

Hmm ... Maybe we should shoot for just one more hour of sleep ... have so many thoughts we’re starting to confuse ourselves again :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Etal, you know how happy I am for you!   Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
V