Saturday, October 2, 2004

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig Jig

Hey ... we’ve been back from the big trip for a couple of days ... It was something. We stayed over an extra day so Vince could spend time with Michael. The rest of the trip is such a blur to me at this moment that I couldn’t concentrate on all the details. We cried to leave Vince back in Philly. *Sigh* Such a gentleman he is... Shoot, starting to tear up again...

We dragged ourselves back to work, but felt kind of tired. Worked on reports, reports and more reports. Fortunately, I was enjoying most of the work. I’m thinking I actually love to work almost as much as I like to play. Primarily we studied one individual back from February of 2003 forward. Basically, my reports were a month to month summary of everything the agency has written on any given client. It was about 20 pages of a summary from hundreds of pages read. I’m pretty format/detailed orientated, so it progressed smoothly enough. Think it took me about three days to finish it up.

The result of doing a report like this is pretty amazing. But, still too broad. I’m thinking that the results should go over to the other supporting agency and to the University and whichever doctor he should be seeing, but maybe more importantly, is that I sit down one more time of it and do my best now to summarize the twenty pages into 2-3 pages. Easier for others to read too. I’m not sure ... we’ve spent a lot of time with it already ... It’s just that I did have while writing the report my eyes tuned into the progress without being able to hold all of it in my mind. The big "aha" moment came in realizing how important a change occurred in one double set of months last spring. I believe the change was the result of one of his peer’s father dying and him being unsure of his own parents life/death. This is particularly difficult because his parents are in their 70's and his mother sick, his father tired. There are many more details of course, but it seems like we’ve all been going through abandonment issues with him. I sure wish we were smarter in these regards.

We figure that pretty soon we are going to try to do some reading. I have a new book on self and others and object relationships that I want to understand, but I’m not sure if I am this smart. Some books are kind and fill you in on details that lead to a younger viewers understanding, others are professional and force you to jump in "cold" water. Won’t know until I pick up the book. And, I’m still being bothered by the fact, I haven’t finished the book on how to read a book. I’m sure if I could be patient that work would be a great resource.

Shoot, it seems as if we’ve been talking of this forever. Well ... today’s the day. We’ve gotten to that slightly chilly weather where all I really want to be doing is sitting under the covers on the new couch reading. Hehehe - while of course, hearing opera. I’ve been enjoying too much of late hearing the music which heightens my thoughts of accomplishment. It’s like a certain tension where mind plays back and forth from words understood to upbeat tempo moving us along in space.

Ahh, let’s all bless Saturday afternoons!

No comments: