Monday, March 21, 2005

Dear Dr. M.

Feeling bad we can't come in.  We just wrote a note to Sr. Tess saying the same.  I don't think there is any way to avoid it though.  Getting the computer in is pretty important.  Have to give them credit though.  I only ordered the computer on Wednesday and by Friday they were delivering?  Must have started putting it together as we were talking on the phone from work.  Hehehe       

We ARE pretty excited to be getting her.  I will have to do some cleaning up around here so we are ready proper.  I'm hoping and hoping that UPS delivers to our floor.  I think there is a weight restriction of 70 pounds, but we're under that.  They said there will be three boxes so I figure processor, monitor and keyboard, and then speakers.  I think that the little things like sofware are coming slower ... DHS.  That will be ok ... they said it comes with AOL and that's the biggest deal. 

Yesterday, I tried and tried to move my Library program.  I've done only 48 books, but it was like the equivilent of a month's work.  It says it can import and export, or I thought at least I could save on CD then transfer over, but I'm not sure if it was working in safe mode.  I got to the part it says my file is ready to be saved to disk, but then it says there is no CD in the D drive although there is.  I'm going to need finding a regular floppy disk to see if that might work.  Don't know if it will hold all the information.  We'll try though.      

Beside that, yesterday was a very good day.  I went out to Macadam's new place about 1 pm and got home about 7:30 pm.  It's about a 30 minute drive.  The drive home was hard though, because I can't see down the road very far so the bends and turns were a little terrifying.  There was one place where they'd marked my exit off of the highway and I pulled off to the right, but it turned out it was the driveway for some shopping places.  Just can't see it proper.      

The visit was great, although Lee was working the entire time.  Between, Macadam, Abby and two kitties our time was very occupied.  In general, beside a lot of talking and listening and asking questions, we took a long tour, then ordered out, spent about 20 minutes outside admiring the backyard (smoked), then the food came (Italian) and then we watched the movie, "The Incredibles."  Pretty sure you have already seen it.  You seem to get out pretty fast.  Before I left, Macadam took me back to the computer room/office.  He wanted to show me a picture of Tanner's new car.  His lease on the SUV (three years) is only a couple of months from ending.  So quite naturally, he bought himself an '05 Corvette.  Yeah right ...He said something about Tanner's girlfriend driving race cars and she's teaching Tanner the stick.  Macadam says the girl isn't in school or working, but she does drop off and pick up Tanner from work each day and she does most of the domestic things.  Go figure.  I guess it works for him.      

We didn't spend too much time talking about the brothers though.  There was soooo much information to learn about the new place.  He has a lot of hopes and dreams for it.  Macadam was finishing up from his shower when we got in, so Abby entertained.  Macadam has an extra couch in the living room (there are three), so angel face showed us how she could jump from one to another.  Then she showed me all that could be done with a strip of a dozen pillows on the floor end to end.  She jumps, she runs, she can act like a dog, and she somersaults.  Yahooo!!!      

I brought with a small bag of $3-4 change.  So then we played with that too.  I guess her piggies haven't been unpacked yet.  Seems I get the littler pile and we are to see how high we can build them.  She also took time to get them in and out of an empty cabinet drawer.  The grey kitty needed some attention right away too.  He figured out soon we were excellent kitty petters and he followed me around the rest of the time.  The black one only came over to share my water with me.  They are pretty gosh darn cute.  And Abby can be bouncing on the same couch with them and they barely budge.  At one time, she was hovering completely over one keeping him in the dark and he didn't even mind!  Perfect kitties for their family.       

After Macadam came out ... he had a little trouble wanting to share me.  But, that was ok too.  He is very affectionate and interactive with Abby and doesn't let her questions go unanswered.  She is pretty sure she likes the new house better :)  Lotsa room.  That was the neatest thing about the new house.  There are rooms galore.  There is an upper floor and a lower floor.  The upper has a "L" shape living room/dining room.  Then it has a kitchen 1 1/2 baths and three bedrooms.  There are closets everywhere you look.  The downstairs has a nice size family room/playroom, an office, a weight room, laundry, and large storage room that will become Lee's dark room.  Again closets and storage all over the place.  They even have a small cubbyhole room under the stairs to keep their extra decorations.         

Everything is a pretty good size, but there are tons of boxes all over the place and Macadam says there are still a lot more left at the condo.  He recognized that they had a lot of stuff, but they aren't ready to part with it yet.  *Sigh* They'll learn.  Give them a few moves :)  The people on the other half of the Duplex seem nice enough.  Macadam says they haven't seen them too often.  He says they own a dog and the back yard had land mines all over, but before Macadam and family moved in the neighbor cleaned it up and they've been seen out walking the dog often.  He says the one side is the son and daughter-in-law and 15 year old boy and that Macadam's half used to belong to the son's Mother and aunt.  But, apparently they've both died now over the last couple of years.  I'm sure this is a big change for the family.

That's about it for now ... there's a ton more fuzzy feelings stuff that I haven't yet worked through in our mind.  I am always pleased to go out and Macadam's and Abby always make me feel welcomed.  It's a phenemonal improvement in their lifes.  At the old place, they were all over each other.  Not much privacy.  Now at the new place, they could be at completely different ends of the place and barely recognize the other is at home.  Or, they can all squish up on the same couch.  They're a squishy family like this.  It will take a while to get everything put away, the walls painted, and the pictures up, but for first glance, we'll give it two thumbs up.      

It's about quarter after 6 now and we think we should get going pretty soon.  We've only got a half pack of cigarettes left and figure we should get to the store before 7 am.  Don't want to miss new computer delivery.  I don't know if it will be at the end of the day as we were Friday, or if they'll drop off the older packages first.  Chances are it will be at the end, but I don't want to be caught not here.  We're a little too giddy to concentrate well though, not sure what we'll do on line this morning.  Guess, we'll have to start to figure that out.  Thanks for being you.  It helps.  

Us 

AHA Lite Bulb moment ... pick up living room, nap, then pick up back of the house ... A "brilliant" plan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooo new computer.... I love new computers. feeling slightly jealous. Have fun with it!
meri

Anonymous said...

Ayn, sounds like you had a great visit! And now, the long wait;but I`ll bet UPS comes early! Boy, you have Thursday & Friday off to play with the new DELL!
Yeaaaaa!!!!!
V

Anonymous said...

It's a lot to read, but i am schtill bouncing by
And offering Blessings^ TRANSITUS! there do
seem to be many life=changing events popping
in GlowLand.         chekyalata