Sunday, March 27, 2005

Nodding toward that direction

We’re figurin that not before long, we’ll do some work on the grant, but for this first few journal minutes ... we’re going to fly high unimpeded. Can’t believe the difference in my nervousness and attitude from first signing on this morning and now. I feel at peace with the world. Kind of like there are so many things to do again, we don’t know which way to go first, so we just lean back in the chair with our hands behind our head and just rock.

Our friend at home here had a lot to do with getting us back on line. He not only lent his phone, but he gave up an hour and a half of his time to talk to the fixer-upper people. And then, if that was not enough he washed dishes. We treated him to a very good dinner and the bestest kind of massage. I don’t think with our friends, we ever come out even. We feel very blessed.

Today, we’re going to clear the dust and get back on the horse.

Hmm, even opened the drapes and door, although we’re wearing a well placed blanket that Macadam and family got for us. Just enough to keep the toes warm. Kitties have been well fed and we’ve already been into the leftovers. And, the coffee’s still hot! Maybe God wanted to relax me for a couple of days without Internet?

Maybe we should think a bit about what we’d like to do ... not sure we’re going to be able to maintain without forward movement. Whoops, forgot to add Thursdays, entry. So we took a couple of minutes to post that and reread. Think there was a lot of thoughts going through our head that day in relation to the grant work. I think today we would like to go over the grant site and enter information into the Paper Tiger program. I think that could be done within a couple of hours. Then, I think we have to go over step by step what their list of requirements meant. We’d found on Wednesday a site that will help explain what many of those steps are, but in more detail. I feel good in that I like the Job Developer job description. That means I know what I want the money for which is a pretty good idea to have! Let’s do this one more time ... just to focus.

 

No comments: