Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Good lookin day

  Good morning.  Just me.  Woke up a few moments earlier than I have been.  I blame this late wakening to the problem of just recently discovering prime time police shows or the like.  I do better if I start watching at 6 pm.  Then it’s a better chance of me falling asleep earlier.  See that’s the thing ... I really do like getting up at the earlier time.  Life’s a puzzle.  

Yesterday was an ok day at work, but today ... what to say, last day before four day break ... can’t beat that!   Pretty much like a regular day.  Staff training followed by trying to get myself back into desk work.  There were too many interruptions to think I was real productive.  One of my clients decided to cry and scream for a reason that wasn’t deciphered.  Just has to be worked through.  Distraction was the method of choice.  She’s at a 1 ½ to 2 year level and is generally an angry, isolated person.  You do the best you can.  Her family hasn’t been willing to go in for treatment.  Sad story. 

Then not everything was done for staff training in the morning, so had to be completed in the afternoon.   There was preparation too for some weekend work.  I’ll be picking up a little work attempting to write grants.  I may have mentioned this before.  It’s a kind of intimidating at first glance, because it will involve some very creative writing.  I would like to be good at it.  Just not sure yet because its all so new to me.  I have contributed to a few projects.  Don’t know how to do it other then to jump in with both feet.  I sure wish we were further along with CARF project.  It would be nice to use it as a reference point.   

Just as a side note ... V YOU ARE OUR HERO!!! :) Missy says so too!   Whadda day, quite some day!   Hehehe, ok next? 

Ahh, coffee!   Today is physical therapy.  I sure hope she’s kept my appointment after our no show on Friday.  Been worrying over that quite a bit.  Too scared to call.    Ok, we’ll just go and see ... hope for the best.   What’s next?  Did we mention last day before vacation?  AND, Sister goes on retreat all next week starting tomorrow.  YaYYYYYYYYY!!  I hope she gets good rest!  She deserves a break.  Barely even has sick days.  She was in a great mood yesterday.  She usually gives the staff Easter Lilies, but because of our kitties eating plants, she got us this beautiful Waterford Crystal egg!  I’m pretty sure she went overboard on that one, but am very proud that she thought of me with this.  We’ve got a little cubbyhole within the open cabinet over our credenza (for big computer).  We set it there.  There are a few other nice things and our bears are up there.  Feels good!  

Hmm, that’s a nice song, “I will follow Him.”  Kind of upbeat ... I would like to have that played at my funeral I think.  Let’s hope it is though a long time in coming.  

All’s right with the morning.  Feeling pretty good and am minutes away from the shower.  Think we’re setting ourselves to leave about 10 after ... don’t want to mess with the time this time. 

Hmm, kitties don’t like it when you leave stuff on their spaces.  This morning, Chief knocked off brush on “his” side of the bathroom sink, so he could lie down and now Missy knocked off a paper on “Her” chair.  This is creating a little extra bending today ... better watch the placement of “Our” things.  Wouldn’t do to have crabby kitties!  

Have we mentioned yet how happy we are to be typing on the new computer?  Still thrilled with that.  I lovvvvve new computers!  Just think of all that extra space to fill!  I worked yesterday on copying to my first DVD from the work computer.  It took a while so I’m figuring I did it right.  I don’t have Word in yet though, so I can’t try it out at home.  If it works, I will have all my work documents here at home.  Not sure if the pictures and the old stuff from Works will transfer over, but I’m hoping I did it right.  Next thing then will to learn copying other programs, or music maybe.  I know behind the times!  It’s ok ... thing is it “IS” now the time.  Was never sure of the memory on laptop to have chanced filling it up like this.  Yahooo!!  

Hmm, noticing that I have a vacancy of problems this morning.  Things seem to be in fairly good shape.  Nothing to complain about!  And, thinking I could be having all kinds of new thoughts today.  Isn’t that kind of cool! 

Have to admit, I’m looking forward to the Grant work.  There will be a bit of reading first.  Our partner copied out a lot of information from the grant site.  I guess the thing to do is follow their lead and language and accommodate our needs to their willingness to supply funding.  I’m a little worried in that I know grants are hard to come by.  But, the goal is to, at least, put out a dozen over the next year.  After a while, we’ll get more used to the formatting and even if we got only one of the dozen, it would be better than the year before when we hadn’t gotten the funding.  We’re supposed look for money for operational expenses like staff wages.  Could be interesting.   

Ok, ok ... little dip here ... shower.   Ahh, refreshed!   Funny, how when I get in the shower, I am able to not think about real life too much.  I mellow in the hot water just thinking about how good it feels.  Then afterward we’re just thinking “pat here, pat there.”  Sometimes, we feel a little guilty though ... I know that not all people are given the luxury of each morning stepping into their own bathroom for this luxury.  Not enough guilt though to protest this world wide inequality.  Just step in where you are and help in any way possible.   

Needed to turn channels on the music match ... I guess you can’t listen to the “On Demand” feature for more than an hour without paying.  So, now we’re into the golden oldies.  Hehehe Mathis, Bennett, and Doris Day.  Talk about mellow.  There is a curiosity to hear how each of these songs go.  WoW speakers!  Almost too pleased with the day to get into it.  One thing seems better than the next.  And, all of a sudden the fluffy clouds are lifting us into the air. *Giggle* Maybe oldies music makes us feel sappy!  Eh, what have you.  

Umm, yep nothing important to talk of today ... well, except for being in a good mood.  We’re in the grace period before we get charged for the new computer through monthly payments.  I’m kinda getting into the rocking of the monitor too.  Funny, we want to see now if we can get it to rock in time to the music.  Almost straight out of a cartoon like dancing hippopotamuses.  Wow!  Andy Williams!  It’s been years and years ... what great vocals!  Expect to be hearing Bing Crosby any minute. 

Hehe   Well, maybe not.  Should be taking off about now.  Well, let’s see what the day holds.  Could be pretty cool.   One more, “Yayyyyyyyyyy, V!”

Oh yes, "I take happy pills :)" 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, kitties don’t like it when you leave stuff on their spaces.  This morning, Chief knocked off brush on “his” side of the bathroom sink, so he could lie down and now Missy knocked off a paper on “Her” chair.  This is creating a little extra bending today ... better watch the placement of “Our” things.  Wouldn’t do to have crabby kitties!  
Now, that`s funny! I can just see them, especially Chief! Brush on the sink? Hmpff!
{{{ Hugs }}}
V