Thursday, March 3, 2005

To exercise we go...

We did it, we did it! All our stretching exercises! Do you know she pushed it up to six kinds? I’m going to need figuring out how to now do this twice a day. It’s either right after dinner, or right before bed. It would be convenient to do them at bed time, sorta, but since I’ve been sleeping in recliner that doesn’t leave it so convenient AND by that time, I’m pretty beat. So, I guess it means right after dinner ... giggle which really means, right before bed. Guess there is no way around that.

The session went pretty well yesterday ... we stretched and stretched, then got on a couple of machines. I don’t want to mention how long I can handle the walking machine. The other one was more like a sitting step machine ... Felt much more comfortable on that ... did the required 5 minutes.

The exercises that have been added this time are one where I lasso my toes with a sheet from a sitting position and pull up toward hips. That one is like 60 seconds twice on each leg. That is the one Alison but a star on for especially important. The next three are laying down. I’m not sure where I got the idea that lying down would be easier ... it’s not! Anyway, the first one, we press our back flat on the bed (groin kinda comes up). That one’s 20 holding for a count of five seconds each. Then we do one where back is held tight against bed and with bent knees, we press out and open for 5 seconds for 20 rounds, then we do the same by pressing both legs together 20 times to the right and 20 times to the left.

Then, of course ... is the part of doing last week’s two exercises and we need to do all six twice daily. Not going to complain though. We talked to Alison yesterday and changed te second goal that I couldn’t remember. Now the goals will be to wash dishes for 15 minutes AND walk for 15-20 minutes. YAYYYY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for you ayn - keep it up!

i've dusted off my treadmill too this week - so, i'm right there beside you girl!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I ned to be excercising too, but my legs have really been hurting so I have been slacking.

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
V