Wednesday, April 14, 2004

*YAWN* Just Passin Through

" target=_top>

Evening! Sorry about the over sleeping stuff. Hehe Bill - we don’t use an alarm clock ... Just get up whenever we wake up ... but this time we woke up at 12:30 am. Then we went back to bed and woke up at 4. Then said, hmm still tired. The next time and it was ... out the door just in time. *Sigh*

We’re trying to remember what we missed yesterday ... hmm. Not much I think. Seems both days we were working on reshuffling papers around. I am happy with the results. I can now open my desk drawers without stuff screamin to jump ship and my flat surfaces are showing their nice long wooden lines again. God bless em.

Towards the end of the day, we’d sat back and thought maybe we should go over our meeting notes from December’s CARF trip to Arizona. They seemed to have popped up today. Funny how that works. But, whatever this sleepin thing is ... it got to me again, because we dozed off for a few moments.

We woke with a start thinking ... oh shoot, we forgot about the taxes again. So, we made the call to the H & R Block a couple of blocks down the street. She said, sure! It was like really, you can help me?? I’d pretty much stuck a couple of documents in our purse months ago and hadn’t found the time or inclination.

The lady was real nice. She said kind things like, you know you could open these? Never occurred to me to open the W-2's. We didn’t want to lose anything. Less than an hour later ... and it was a painless hour ... we walked out very happy. She did it electronically, of course, and she is direct depositing a nice return to our bank account. So, in like 8-15 days, the money will just "show up!" Great, great system!

The cost was worth it and we signed an extra insurance policy, so that if I’m ever audited I can sign a power of attorney and they’ll just go to court for us. *Sigh* I feel we’re in the hands of royalty. Usually the last 3-4 years our friend has done it, but as we’ve noted before ... we retired his financial services. We’re figuring Macadam is going to be pleased.

Hmm, maybe I should call him. Then we are going to bed ... early! Thanks for stoppin by earlier today. We’re trying not to think we get more responses fornot writing, then when we write! You all wouldn’t do that, right?! K. Nitey nite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your statement about your desk drawers. the same can be said about mine here at home. Mine get to a point it takes a boy scout troop just to get them open and like yours the papers fly out like a spring trip. Not sure why I let them get that way, laxy I guess. So every now and then I set myself to clearing them out. It's a mazing what junk I have in them. Papers I have no use for, little craps of notes and old mail that I just jammed in them. Im thinking since Im so neat in all other areas of the house maybe I do this so I can make a mess someplace? Oh well.

Happy you get money back on your taxes, once again Im paying out. Oh well so goes life. LOL.

Much love to you all,

John G.

Anonymous said...

Having H&R Block do your taxes for you is OK as long as you have a simple return, have all your information, and don't "stretch the truth". You don't need their insurance. It is just a moneymaker for them. You could do it yourself easily with Turbo tax software. Have a good day. Bill.