Wednesday, November 5, 2003

Not So Sure Anymore

Figurin we have to be moving early today.  We're going to look at another place of Clear Sky's.  She's trying to convince to move in to her house.  It's a two flat and the upper unit has just become available.  Not sure. 

On the plus side, it would be only 5 minutes from work, it has three bedrooms, I'd be living near a friend, it would be less money, I wouldn't have to worry Tanner about being an expense to him.  On the negative side, I would have to park on a busy, big city street, I would lose some of my privacy, I'm not sure about what it would mean to break a lease, it wouldn't be the same as home ownership.

I figure in some ways, this move would be one more of self-sacrifice.  We feel secure where we're living now, though it is costly.  We're thinking that the only way to really know is to take a look at the place and see how we feel about it. 

Otherwise, we are doin fine.  The bills went out yesterday and we made a couple of calls that we'd been having troubles with.  We needed to get our user name and passwords for both the on-line bank account and our on-line grocery store.  In both instances, we'd forgotten what we're supposed to be able to remember.  Hopefully, we can do some ordering of things we need. 

I think our memory is playin a big part of our concerns over where we are living.  I think we're too young to have Alzheimer's, but this is worrying us quite a bit.  44 is too young, right?  Our favorite grandmother developed it, but not sure how old she was.  

I'd taken comfort only in that, toward the end when she couldn't remember her son, she seemed to sense us.  She asked, "Now who is this pretty young girl?"  I believe it was this grandmother who taught us love, patience, and kindness. 

Maybe it is time to ask Dr. M. more directly, if there isn't to go to have our memory checked.  Do normal doctor's do this?  I'm very happy to say that I can still think pretty well, just am terribly worried about not being able to remember where we put the car, or what we're doing at work.  I can think through CARF, but can't remember simple things like how many business reports out of 11 that we've written.  Keep having to check the source.

No comments: