Wednesday, September 21, 2005

WoW - Did you hear!??

Good mornin.  Thanks Deb for the nice comments you always give.  And on the side, I hope your Mom and son are doing better :) You are being a pretty nice Mom and daughter ... someone should tell you this often!  Just don’t let it be known I get out visiting.  It would ruin my reputation! *silly grin*

 

A warm welcome to V too!  Are you back to 100% now?  And, where’s the steak???

 

*Sigh* It’s just nice to be here this morning.  STILL on vacation!  There has been only a couple of things that has happened between last post and this ... first is Dr. M. Appointment ... little folks won out.  But, it wasn’t too bad.  ‘Cept Anna locked herself in bathroom on the way out.  Casey said she couldn’t help it, she saw the dark room and ran out.  It put us 40 minutes behind schedule, and late for dinner.  Fortunately that was an easy adjustment.  Small deal.

 

I guess it serves us right.  Casey, Anna and Annemarie were the ones out during the meeting.  Anna got left in the corner and Casey had to be persuaded to thinking that it wasn’t a good idea to leave her there, but time ran out ... I guess then Anna at least got out of the corner. :) So, let’s think of this as happy news :)

 

We went through a lot of anxiety to get to the point of going in the appointment.  And, then it is over and there is kind of a sad feeling for not getting to be the one that was there.  I do know that Casey talked about touching Dr. M.’s cheek with her cheek ... but, I think it was a hard thing for her to say, not exactly sure how all that went, but pretty sure Dr. M. Was as calm and happy as he always is.  He’s such a nice guy. 

 

We also got a chance to talk to Jane.  She decided to take another job, so we’re officially wishing her well!!  I’m thinking one bird in the hand is worth two in the bush here.  Really glad she has something :)

 

Think that is all my news, except Chief was just up suggesting he have two breakfasts this morning.  Well, ok, Maybe this isn’t real news :/

 

I’m feeling pretty darn good.  V. Keeps reminding me were on vacation and to prove that point ... I have a perfectly good hour not to be doing anything much before I take my shower for work.  I think I am going in the rest of this week.  So that will probably add some stability to my life.  Monday when we were in ... we spent the whole day working on our CARF accreditation.  I got about 80% through the big book on accessibility.  It’s been so long, I think I should say that what I am doing for the time being is referencing all the 13 CARF books in a computer software program, so that the material will be found more easily.  I’ve put the project OFF for many many months, so it is good to finally be making some progress.  It is a good project for being in Sr.’s office, because there are soooo many interruptions with her and everyone else going through the office.  On Monday, the secretary was gone so I was listening in on all phone conversations and door ringings as Sr. Getting up and down to take care of it.  I don’t mind really, it’s just that it makes things hard to concentrate.  I will REALLLLY appreciate my nice quiet office when we get back!  I don’t know if Sr. Was able to schedule in the deep cleaning and polishing yesterday while I was not there.  But, we’re going to hope for the best. 

 

I’ve had enough break to appreciate also going back into work.  There is something very steady about being around the people.  There I have a very certain role.  I think the most important part of my job is just being nice to people.  I think I am the best one there for understanding everyone’s perspectives.  I can usually lighten people’s loads.  I’m the figurerer-outer person :)

 

Hmm, today is like Wednesday Hmm...  About now we’re wondering how our friend has been doing. Haven’t seen to much of him since last Friday.  He’s been keeping himself pretty busy and traditionally, he is not in on Wednesdays.  Most likely he was there yesterday. *Sigh* So, not too much news from that direction.

 

OH WOW!! How’s this for news.  Macadam just IM’d me with news.  It turns out the city I grew up in - til 18, Blaine, MN is getting the new Vikings Stadium.  Like WOW...  I sure wish my step-mother could have heard this ... She and my dad both died two years ago, but sandy was a huge fan of the MN Vikings.  Season tickets and all.  She and my father stayed in blaine after my parents split-up until their deaths.  Wow!! All I can say!  Everytime I went back up the city was changing.  It will be nothing like I know by a few years from now.  Well, all I can say is, Good for them!  Hehe when I was growing up it was on the edge of known civilization.  After Blaine it was all forests and lakes.  Now it’s going to be the center of the MN world.  Go figure!  I’ll add this to my Happier memories of Blaine. :)

 

V??  Did you hear!??

 

Now when I tell somebody, they might know where I am talking of ... we’re on the map!

 

Ok, ok ... calming down.  Listening to Charlotte Church ... Been a while.  I can calm down.  Only 10 minutes before work now ... Guess we’re close enough ... time for shower!  Be taking care!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello hello.
It has been ages since I came and visted you all. It sounds as if there have been some very good things happening.  I like vacation myself, but I don't like coming back from vacation, usually because there is a pile of things I have to do that someone else really could have done while I was away. (sigh)

I hope to be visitng more often again, it's been hard lately.

Take care and have a lovely day.
Mer

Anonymous said...

So glad you are commenting more love it:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Boy, what a spurt!!
Yea, Dr. M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V A C A T I O N !!!!
V