Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Corey's Summary of a Multiple Day (7)

Yesterday was long.  We weren't able to move well, so ended up doing our Dr. M. appointment over the phone.  Afterward, it took a call to Forest Path for help getting us out the door.  We stayed at work until 7:30 pm.  On the way home, we earned a big pickle from the sub shop for taking care of laundry proper.  We ended our day by talking to Forest Path and to Gentle Brook each for a few moments before turning in.  

We think that the difficulty of moving was due in part to Dear Heart.  It seems that last week's appointment may have been very hard on her.  The situation made us an hour late for work, and when we got there, we were fuzzy.

Work was ok, in that we got some good work done at the end, but there were a couple of people in who needed information on each of the individuals on our caseload.  It was the beginning of their assessment for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech.  I said something dumb out of ignorance and one of the ladies dumped a lot of her anger on me.  I tried to apologize sincerely, but she wouldn't accept it.  I told Sr. Tess about it afterward and she scolded lightly for just a moment, then gave me the correct sentence I could have used.  She advised me to forget about it because I'd apologized and now it was past.  I'd been very upset and cried.  

Oh and Kate spent time helping Sr. Tess with a $6,000 grant.  They are trying to decide if it should be spent on the center's first web site, or a new computer/printer for the secretary.

Dr. M.'s appointment was very quick.  Our Anniemi seemed to be out the full session.  She appeared to be concerned with the contents of the last couple of day's writing and carried on an indepth conversation with Dr. M.  In particular, they talked of the essay, what had happened during the last Dr. M. appointment, and going over the last physics lesson.  There was a general furthering of ideas.  These developments will be reworked into the system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your Jouranl and Im enjoying it so much. You are wonderful.

I need to return to read more when I have more time.

God Bless you,

John G.