Monday, December 1, 2003

A Holiday Event

We had a wonderful time with the kids!  I have to give my oldest son and his wife all the credit and blessings in the world.  *Grin* they have a two year old!  Man – tough, tough, tough!
 
Yesterday, I experienced that this particular two year old can talk a blue streak, like to give commands, and represents non-stop motion!  I don’t think her mind has a slow button!  Man-o-man … God Bless nap time, when you can find 'em!  We were there four hours and didn't see a real one, *giggle* none of the three efforts stuck.
 
We’re not complaining in the least, but it has its own form of shell-shock.  I don’t think any of us as mothers or fathers can even begin to remember “the days.”  I can work the mathematics … I know we had three children in the first four years of marriage, but I remember mostly just loving them to pieces, not as much the chaos.  
 
I think that each of the boys is just doing tremendously.  Macadam made me so proud with all his abilities yesterday.  He made the most fantastic meal.  All we’re family classics.  He and Lee worked like a team in watching over Abby, but I think Lee’s position was to do distracting work to keep Abby out of the kitchen.  Hehe…
 
There were a couple really cool things talked about.  Lee’s earned a management position after only working two weeks of her new job.  We couldn’t be more proud of her.  Jacob and Aldon also talked of work.  They were figuring out financial needs and potential of work time during Christmas and summer vacations from college.  Thinking Jacob has got a position managing a college painting crew. 
 
The boys still spend tremendous amounts of time on the game systems.  Their world and knowledge leaves me amazed.  In this respect, Tanner was brought into thoughts and we’d felt his presence very alive and well. 
 
One of our strongest thoughts … is a sense of how much “pressure” the “kids” are under and how important it is that they find releases and sense of happiness.  Each of them, ages 19-23, is responsible for their lives and everything within it.  Though, I thank the big guy for helping them out.  We’re very proud of their accomplishments and feel honored to be their Mom.  Just a wonder, they are!   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one of the proudest
moms on the planet, it's so obvious!
Very happy entry, makes me feel good
and happy to read it. Aren't children the
best!
Love you, Penny

Anonymous said...

I"m glad the holiday was enjoyable. It definitely sounds like your kids are all doing well for themselves. It's probably very comforting to know they are grown and make good choices for themselves. :-)
Donna

Anonymous said...

Dear Ayn,

Holiday's can be so stressful sometimes. Isn't it great when we get to have one of those good ones. Love to you, Lois