Friday, December 5, 2003

Sad News for the Et Al Household

I just wanted to write a short note to those who stop by.  Last night my computer died and left me pretty much all alone in this world.  There's no gentle way to have put this.  Sorry to be so abrupt.  I know there are those who are patting their computer at this moment thinking ... "oh baby, you wouldn't do that to me, would 'ya?!"

Fortunately, we have a just God.  He's made sure we're connected through our work computer.  Thank you Lord! 

I've put in an emergency call to my son Tanner.  He had talked of getting us a new computer a couple of weeks ago.  We're hoping that this is still ok.  Maybe soon, we'll be up again.

There is one more thing.  We've talked a few times about going to Arizona for a CARF meeting.  That's about come up now.  I will be leaving on Sunday and getting back late Wednesday. 

Shoot, really had wanted to take her with me ... she would have loved meeting a new cable line...  :(  It's an adjustment losing a love one, right?  We'll be ok?  We've had many happy moments together over the last two years. 

God Bless computers...  Take care and hope to see you soon.  I will still be able to check email today and Saturday.  I'm sorry ... I'm not myself.  I think I'm going to rest now.  We've tried hard not to be tearful ...  It'll be ok.  No really, we're ok now.  We'll just have to move on, right?

Condolences can be left below.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww....how sad...i think i would feel stranded too if my computer died! :-\
-*-Kayleen-*-

Anonymous said...

Sad news about your computer. I've parted ways with a few and it's always a bummer when one goes before it's replacement arrives.

Safe journey and have a goodtime in Arizona!

Anonymous said...

Glad you have your work computer in the interim. I hope Tanner comes to the rescue. Have a great time in Arizona!

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet friend, I know how you must feel. For almost a year that I lived in my car I had to use the computer at the library and it wasn't the same. When I got my new one after things turned for me I was so damn happy. I hope your son follows though and gets you a new one. I'll be praying for you all.
John G.

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathys are with you at your time of loss! Have a good trip and I'll be watching for your return! We love ya! siempre, Shasta

Anonymous said...

I hear you - you are not alone...but I understand how you would feel so, without her. She has served you all very well. Trust that this was her time to go and you will soon have evenings with your beloved AOL-J Family again. For now I for one am grateful for your computer at work. Blessed Be! Here's to hoping Tanner will be able to come through for you. Safe travels! See you soon! xo

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you are going through!! I had to bring my pc to the shop many of times, and I just didn't know what to do with myself without it! I'm always doing something on it everyday, it was like I was going through withdrawl without my pc.
Good luck!
~Dana