Sunday, December 28, 2003

Still Thinking about that there car...

Yesterday, we’d gotten a response back from the car dealership. It seems I’ve been pre-approved for the car I want to get, but I figure I should let go of some of the extras that I was looking at. I went over the list and figured there was nothing critical on the list. How often have I used fog lights, and do I NEED a spoiler? Hehe, we reserved privilege of getting premium floor mats though! 

We paid off our present car close to a couple of years ago, but it seems like that "portion" of the budget has gone into paying hospital bills incurred this year. We should be responsible and pay those off first? Shoot, sure don’t want to think in that direction! We’re looking toward buying a new car now, because of the age of our present car (8 years), we’re starting to have problems with her, and we should be getting a small inheritance from my father early February.

It will be just enough to put down a good down payment and bring the price of payments within my range. I’m so afraid that if we don’t put the money into a new car, that I’ll dwindle the money down and not have anything to show for it. We’re one of those people with nothing in savings and pretty much live check to check. We’re ok with that. The good part is ... that we don’t have credit cards. So, we’re figuring we’re doing pretty good.

Nonetheless, figure the trade-offs like making our own lunches and dinners instead of eating out so much is probably worth the deal. We’ll wait now to make any more decisions until we reevaluate our hospital debt and our psychiatrist is back in town. We have sort of a non-verbal agreement that if we change life course, we might think of talking over the details with him first! *Giggle*

Believe me ladies and gents ... to talk to a therapist for a couple hours a week, is MUCH better than having to haggle month-to-month between spouses in regard to major life events! It’s a great relationship. He never ever tells me what to do, lets us know of our options, will stay on any subject we present, and doesn't watch games while we talk. We really like the guy. He’s probably about a dozen years younger than us, but ohhh so smart! (Good looker too with lots of charm!)

*Sigh* Ok, ok ... now we’re really distracting ourselves. Maybe we should follow this up with a work entry? We need to get to the point we think of work more than for its ability to earn us heated seat-warmers and moon roofs!

No comments: