Thursday, December 4, 2003

Penny's Advent Journal Question for December 3rd

Wednesday Penny asked what city we would visit if we were riding in Santa's sleigh.  I would choose Oslo, Norway and in particular Vigeland Park.  This is a statue park created by Gustav Viegland (1869-1943). 

Vigeland created nearly 200 statues depicting people in all varities of poses and relationships.  Some are bronze like the ones above, but most are carved from stone.  All are beautifully naked.   

This park had a tremendous impression on us when we were 20.  We love to study people and relationships and this about blew us away in fantasticdom! 

(Photo download permission granted ... hehe to all you well watchers of the world!) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Thanks for playing! I truly
felt I had opened one of those little
boxes on an Advent calendar! Truly
a surprise AND a treat! I bet that park
is truly magical and surprising, especially
covered in snow. You're the first person
I know of that did something in their own
journal regarding my Advent questions...I'm
glad you answered it in this way!
Love you, Penny

Anonymous said...

Just lovin you and your ideas to pieces Penny! We encourage you to go forward ... very warm and welcoming places to be in our mind! Our love, Jesse

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much for this picture! When I was 17, I got on a plane for the first time and flew from Seattle to Norway. This was one of my favorite places (and it was a beautiful day like the picture!) but for some reason the entire roll of film that it was one didn't develop, so I have lived the past 13 years with it only in my memory. Thanks you Penny!
Jeanne