Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Just Lovin It

Man ... our minds has just been inundated with pleasures all morning. *Giggle* Well, there was one nap in there. We get up VERY early. Seems like most days off, we just play and play. This has been especially true ever since late August when we were introduced to the journals.

Sometime today, I ran across a journal that made note of it being pathetic if all you did was live in this journal world. I kinda felt offended. I know this is not ALL of what we do, there’s work and some interaction with the boys and friends, and now dedicating some time to our web page, but other than that, with our free time I don’t really have much that I enjoy more than I enjoy the journal world.

Like some of you, I like to get around. I promised ourselves some time to not only get around the familiar j-block, but as well, we’ve given ourselves permission to travel around the whole "known" neighborhood over the course of the next three days. Beside the boys on Friday morning, I won’t have actual interactions with 3D people. But, this is perfectly fine.

We’re using Pam’s new J-Directory as our guide. Can’t say thanks enough Pam for putting so many journal links together. Thanks Pam!

When I read, and yes sometimes comment, we are feeling the worlds of others who become very real to us. Sometimes, it’s just so gosh darn fascinating. I will say though that due to the popularity of journals, we’re still appreciating AOL's limit of words.  There is only so much time in the day and it pushes people to be more exacting with their thoughts.

There are things in particular I look for ... like we’re really turned off by swearing and cutting other people down. We love when people are active and involved in their life and although, we appreciate positiveness, we’re equally captured by some of the sorrowful entries we read. We determine a lot by just how captivated we become. Usually, we’ll go through all 10 of the current entries to get somewhat of a feel for the author.

I think more than anything else we love peoples use of the written world and images and admire the courage to put yourself out in the world. We want to travel through experiences with our minds and see the beauty out there that is ... real!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that we create our worlds around us, no matter what we do and how we do it. I know it's not always possible to just decide to be happy, but life's journey is all about deciding what makes us happy. It seems that narrow-minded people like to think that, if your life isn't their version of happiness, there must be something wrong with it.
Happy Holidays!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

thank YOU ALL for such a wonderful and positive journal entry and i couldn't agree with you more :)
it warms my heart that you have found a use for the directory i created and i really do appreciate you letting me know
i hope the holidays have been a joyous event and thank you again
pamela