Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Taking stock

Not sure how the day is going to turn out. I feel like I want to play, but know I should be working. Ive actually got the next three days off, but I know the deadlines Im under at work are still in affect. I think early this afternoon my friend is going to stop over. Thatll be nice.

Seems for now ... well just take it easy and enjoy the coffee. The kitties have had needs for attention this morning. The neediness is pretty obvious. They take turns sittin on the table in front of me and politely pet my arm. I know the cues. I resign myself to sitting back in my chair for them to work out their comfy zones. He lays facing left and she facing right. We can be patient for 10-15 minutes before we reclaim our space.

Maybe, we'll go half and half with our time. Well do the "easy" business. Maybe we can then work our way up to the more difficult later in the day. Yesterday at the office, we worked on the harder of the two projects, but left it in a confused state. Sometimes the magnitude of all CARF and the world are asking for gets to me and we spin our wheels.

Sr. Tess liked the plants/flowers that we brought in yesterday. I had bought them for Tanner, but he refused the gift. I think it was too much to have asked him to care for them. There were five large baskets. Sr. Tess was grateful to receive them and she set them out artistically in front of the chapel's alter. The plants are real, but the flowers are purple and pink silk. They are beautiful and she took pictures of them so we could show Tanner that theyd gone to good use. Hes still my son and we love him dearly.

It gives me a great sense of satisfaction to have all my research in an order that feels "just right." One small gratification after the next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I love about cats. They have their ways :-)
Office of Homeland Security I've heard the terror alert level called the "free form floating anxiety meter". Some interesting parodies of the terror alert scale are online.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!