Saturday, November 6, 2004

Another Wonderful Saturday

Good morning. Just me :) Yep, yep it’s another wonderful Saturday the possibilities of thought are countless! I’m feeling in a pretty good mood. Our time is free except perhaps to meet with our oldest son to celebrate his birthday with a meal out. Can’t go wrong there! Hmm, maybe I should do some picking up and laundry too. My wouldn’t that be a great weekend accomplishment. Maybe we’ll have to do some planning for it. But, not now ... I’d like to think the space free and clear.

As far as work this week ... Nothing very dynamic happened. It was the first Friday of the month so there were extra meetings which took up time, but that’s ok ... Kind of like meeting days, especially if I just need to sit and listen. There was supposed to be a staff in-service I would have left yesterday afternoon, but Sr. kept the staff meeting going so there wasn’t enough time for all that. Too bad, too bad. Kind of chuckled under my breath when she turned to me and said in a low voice, "You wouldn’t mind if we didn’t have staff training today, would you?" No, no, of course not ... *giggle* It’s always best to be agreeable to the boss. Beside it was one of those meetings where most the group was talking in a pleasant leisurely way. You gotta know we’re all for that!

As far as therapy goes ... We’re doing pretty good ... haven’t thought so much about it since yesterday morning. I think between each three or four days you sort of get to the point of accepting whatever has happened. The shock wears off. We’ve been kind of grounded in the part where Dr. M. had gotten his new billowy white curtains. You know the ones that look like rice paper :) We keep repeating in our mind, just like in a cloud! I know that affect will most likely change in that soon he will be getting at least one of his walls painted again. Kind of a bronze-like color. It’s very pretty. It seems like he is going for an Eastern-type motif. He has a large scroll like picture of Buddha and a couple of small face type images. Then too lots of greenery. Maybe we could suggest a little waterfall? Man wouldn’t that be neat! The curtains are more like sheers so they let the light come in while maintaining privacy. Pretty cool really. Billowy clouds :)

We’re a little worried over our friend H ... We were talking to him for a few minutes and then he got disconnected again. This after trying two hours to be on-line. Nasty phone connection. Kinda worried that he is going to be ok. That’s avenue for a lot of frustration on a perfectly good Saturday morning. I’m going to pray to the Internet Gods right now!

Please big I-God in my computer

Let my friend sign on

I’ll promise my first born son’s

Calf if he is ever to get one.

And, you can call her Telephony

And, you can mate with her and

Create young Goddesses of truth

And, their progeny will communicate

To all the world and peace will rein

and we’ll all drink diet cokes.

None of the coke drinkers will

Spill and Crumbs will disappear

Not embedded in the keyboard

But given to E-mouse that thrive

on Granola and chips.

Chips will no longer be for

Just Snacks, they will triumph

in the Food pyramid to become

More than able soldiers of

Weight Watching Fortunes and

They will rule the World alongside

Popcorn.

O’blessed Internet God

O Might free your humble

Servant Hector from this Hell of

Disconnection he has fallen too

And allow him to raise up to

Once again eat chips and proclaim

Aha’s victoriously over thought.

We will sing odes to your Great

Foresight and pledge allegiance by

Often signing on and running our

Nimble search functions far and

Wide over your wondrous

Landscape.

Let it be known that we will

Cherish you all the days of your

Life and not fall victim to the

Disparate phone connectors who

Try the patience of Saints and

Leave our callers in wait.

In all this I ask of you to allow

H to circumvent the system that

is making effort to swallow him

Whole and uncomfortably in the

waistless dessert of a computerless

Existence where objects get

Rained upon and cars crash.

We ask this to you O Greatness

Within. To you I pledge allegiance

And infinite appreciation

God-O-Internet bless you

Forever now and again

As is right in the hollowed name

of Microsoft Sir Capitalist of

the West.

Amen

Hmmm, ok that should help :) Hector? You ok?

Well, let’s see what other news befall us. This is the week that President Bush takes over again reign. I have lots of thoughts about this, but first I must need stop crying in my orange juice. Let it be known that we’re Kerry supporters. I’ve taken note that the rest of his allegiance follow the coastlines and respond to the upper Midwest. I think it’s a tragedy of thought that moral values are such that they would claim power over right of human beings to relate to one another and advance medicinal cures. I lay in great shame of ourselves as we find our country more and more held in disrespect by the rest of the world. We listened to a British radio broadcast this morning and I feel very dismayed to say that even this our greatest ally besmirch our integrity. I think spoils go before the fall. Bush and his moral majority ... like right.  Ultimate claims to morality, hmpf!

Sorry, sorry ... kind of worked ourselves into a crabby mood ... We were really better off with our images of billowy clouds. We’ll just sit up there and pretend that we could get along with the rest of mankind. Hmm, kitties are happy. It’s 43 degrees out there, but we left the door open for them. Still early enough out there for them to appreciate their warm furs out on the balcony. Us? Our fingers are starting to chill and we’re feeling fortunate to have another cup of coffee. Feels good to wrap our fingers around her.

We’re kind of up in the air as to how to spend the rest of the morning ... Maybe its time we turn on the radio and check out where the rest of the world is. Can I handle all that? Hmm they are still talking of gay marriage ... ahh they are all for that is moral too! Yayyy. Maybe we should calm down again. Ok, no news radio. Maybe AOL lullabies? We’ll see how that goes ... I think the big toss-up is between reading AOL journals or reading our psychology book on object relations. Both have value. Hmm, maybe split up our day? We’ll start with journal reading and continue until 12:30 Opera. Hmm, AOL has a new movie service ... wonder what that’s all about? Guess there is no harm in a free offer. Yeeks, long downloading though to set it up. *Sigh* I guess plenty of time to continue our thoughts.

The thing that is exciting me about journal reading ... It’s just that Pam has a super-duper type new journal for her directory. I feel that its been years since getting back to it. Like to be more on top of that. Get to know the new folks coming in. Maybe I can check that out now while we’re waiting ... Hmm, how shall I proceed with the list? Let’s see...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny!
V

Anonymous said...

I've been crying in my OJ since early Wednesday morning.  I just don't see how we're going to survive four more years of anti-, well, anti-everything.  Someone on a local radio station said: "get ready for four years of misery."  Sadly, I must agree.  Think I'll put my head in the sand.

Anonymous said...

Hello All,
I fully agree with your statements about the election and our status around the world. I am very afraid what our country will be like in another four years. Your talk about the kitties on the balcony made me laugh. You control when they go out. We have a doggie door for the Mutts. They like to get together and go out about 5:30 AM (temp. 43) then come in and run right to our bed and jump up. Putting cold noses and toes on our faces. What a shocker at that time of morning. My Regards to all, Bill.

Anonymous said...

i am thrilled you like the new directory et al !!
i've been out of it lately .. i can't believe how much work its actually taking to go through each journal to make sure they're all active
i've been feeling like my new project has taken me away from journaling AND i'm losing touch with all my journaling friends
i dug around through my email last night and finally found the recipe for peanut butter oatmeal bars .. i have almost everything already but need to stop and get some peanut butter
i'll let ya know how they turned out
love ya
pamela