Saturday, November 20, 2004

Be Right Back

Good morning ... good morning ... We’re into the middle of the morning, but just pulling things together. Like we just finished our medicine and am having a real breakfast. Yahoo. Well sorta real breakfast we’re making egg rolls and round potato fries. Mmmm. Just four more minutes! Eh, its what we got!

The morning’s been great so far. Been Iming with a couple of our best friends. *Sigh* Life’s never been this good!

So, so ... now what have we? What shall become our day? One things pretty sure. Our 3D friend is coming over about noon. So, we have to kind of structure the day a bit. That’s usually about the time of a good old fashioned Saturday nap! Man - or better than that ... Saturday OPERA!! Hmm, have to figure around this... Eh, nice to have some company.

Hold on ... eating ... Ahh, was that good. Ok, ok ... concentrate ... we’re not going to need a nap now, right? Sure was good though. The other part of the Chinese meal stuff we had was too expensive for quantity/quality, but the egg rolls were a good deal. We’re impressing the hell out of us for being able to "cook." Shoot, we turn off the oven? BRB Whoops ... we’ll we’re still learning ...

Ok, now ready for the day ... We figure we have some time left today to get some good Journal reading done. We went through our j-list this morning and eliminated 13 journals. We really lost most people’s interest over the time we were working on the Hall of Fame journal, or in some indescribable manner have insulted a whole lot of people. We weren’t getting out to see people as we should have. Kind of focused on one thing and not the other. So, if your one of the 20 remaining journals ... Thanks for being here!!! While our readership remains abbreviated ... I still like getting out to check up on a few old friends at least once during the week. Long gone the days when I used to read my j-block every morning. And, since we’re not willing to negotiate in style, substance, and length of our work, guess what’s happened is what’s happened all fine and good. Hehe it does give us a lot of journalistic freedom!

Pretty much how our journal seems to be different ... is for one that when I do write, we get a fairly good amount of time to be doing it. We write on and on in length about whatever thoughts our mind is entertaining. However, I don’t think this is entertaining for most. Not unless, you are interested in reading about the way we think. We probably spend also more time on work thoughts than we ought to for lack of anything more pertinent in our life. We don’t write a whole lot of friends and family, because either its not happening, or I think perhaps I’ll invade their private life and conversations we’ve had. For the same reason, we don’t write a lot about the different people we meet through their journals. Although, given the opportunity, I would like to change this a bit.

One of the things we like to do the best ... is to summarize. Pretty much sorting through a whole lot of information until you get to those certain "AHA!" moments. Somehow what other people say or have done strike a cord of something you’ve done or thought of or felt and your left there kinda shaking your head, "Uhuh." Sometimes the situation is so completely different from what you’ve experienced, you still find yourself kinda shaking your head, "Uhuh." I think in great part we look for consistency of thought along side the way we think. Such as if you had an injury or illness, would we come to the same conclusions. Or, for the people who are religious are they able to be consistent with their thoughts. Most people never give you reason to doubt their sincerity of whatever they are writing. Most journalists seem to write in a heart-felt manner. So, in reading you just feel like special for being allowed to share that part of their life with you. Like one big communal hug.

Sometimes I’ve wondered what life would be like again ... without my j-land experience. Then I shudder. I seem to recall staying at work ‘til all hours, because I was afraid of myself at home. I didn’t like my place, and I was down a lot spending significant amounts of time on the couch sleeping, or dragging myself through one television program or another. Now, when I head out of work (at a decent hour), I look forward to turning on the computer to see "what’s going on." Since the Hall of Fame, hmm maybe before that even we’ve been exposed to more than a normal number of journalists. I remember back in like December last year already starting to list people we’d visited in a collection of sorts, not unlike how the Hall of Fame turned out. And, for that short while we worked with John G.’s project looking for award-worthy journals. Found though that it was too subjective on principles we didn’t necessarily agree with.

In our minds and in our privatenotes ... we still find ourselves rating the different sites. Most importantly was the part that our memory is so poor, we leave ourselves notes. A lot of the rating is to kind of group journals for next rounds. Some days I will hit my five stars, one day I’ll check out the two stars, and some days, I think if I don’t visit an eight star or up, I’ll go looney. I find it interesting that Sue married Ken and they have three teenage sons and a parakeet and live in Waterloo, Iowa. Why this is so fascinating, I couldn’t tell you. But, it’s like, "Ahh, I see. Ok, go on ..." It’s noteworthy to me if a person dances, has a father with ulcers, is hostile, or appears intelligent, and is preoccupied with the death of leaves, or poems. There are consistencies in that to one degree or another people are either surrounded by friends and family, or are not, live with cold or pleasant winters, are part of a larger community, or hang-out just down at the local pool hall. I find things like self-claimed hippyhood interesting and am fascinated with multiple pets. I can hang out with the loners or be captivated by the remembrance of a really fine group of classy people.

Somehow it all makes my life much more interesting ... Have you ever been talking to a friend and said, "Hey, I know someone with multiple sclerosis, or I’ve been acquainted with people from Jersey! Or, I know this person whose photos ... [Whoops visitor is early ... but that's ok ... ]  So, if for no other thought ... please let me say thanks!  I was thinking of you this morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

etal, that`s a beautiful entry!   [[[hugs]]]
Thanks,
V

Anonymous said...

Ayn, great to see you're doing well.  I'm one of those who haven't dropped by your place for a while; my excuse was preoccupation with the election.  I was blogging up a storm in my political journal and in the process also lost a few readers.  

Eh, it's okay.  We all have limited free time.  I'm sure those who appreciate what I write will get around to dropping by, eventually.

The important thing is you enjoy the whole process.  Once it becomes a burden and not a joy, it's time to stop or take a break!  =P