Tuesday, November 30, 2004

17 More Days to Go

Good morning ... Hi ... not sure about what we’ll write about this morning. I figure we’re going to drive our most faithful reader bonkers if we don’t figure out how to write something positive!

Hmm ... How about ... did you know the flowers we received a week and a half ago are still beautiful? They are sitting directly in back of the computer and rise over the top of the screen as if to shower our space with pretty purples and yellows and greens. :)

See we can do it! More? Oh... Well, let’s see. Coffee is good today! That always counts. And, all considering I’m feeling in a fairly good mood. I’m not sure what happened with Dr. M. Yesterday, but it’s safe to say, he usually helps more than our hurts. Ohh, and it didn’t snow last night! That’s good for people who don’t like shoveling out their car :) We have to figure in time to feed our baby some gas. She really likes that. We’re eating a juicy apple for breakfast. Nothing wrong with that! Oh, and the cats have stopped staring at me. That feels better. See, we can do it ... just its ... hmm, no complaints.

We’ve been sitting here for about 12-15 minutes trying to figure out something else positive. If I continue at this pace ... nothing will be put on paper this morning. Can’t I please just talk freely? Ahh, yes it is our journal! Pshwoo ... There is something I’d like to write down just for a marker. Ever since the weekend, my right hand has been bothering us quite a bit. I don’t know if I did something wrong to it, or am starting arthritis there too, or carpal tunnel, or something else? It’s especially hurtful over the back of the hand and centers on the knuckle of our first finger and where our thumb rotates. Not so bad I can’t type, but it is enough to make me think twice. And, it is hard to grasp things like the steering wheel or a cup of coffee. There, that’s all I want to say about that ... just wanted to leave a marker in case come that January 3rd doctor appointment, it is still bothering us enough to register a formal complaint. Hmm, wondering if my brace would help from the last time we had a problem with it. Quite some time ago. Hmm, found it. It helps, but is sure awkward to be using. Maybe we’ll test it out for a couple of days.

Yesterday there wasn’t too much serious work that was getting done. Sister needed us up front for awhile. The secretary has been out for over a week and there seems to be a backlog of work that is necessary to be found and pulled from her computer. Things that usually happen each month. Took awhile for us to find it. Then the printer jammed up so that took a while too. Then toward the end of the day my client with the most problems was acting up again, so I had to spend time there. In general just had a terrible time getting things done. I did find our short list of tasks written on a sticky note on my desk. I was able to get three things done, but they weren’t the hardest on the list. Just seems like some days, we are de-skilled in whatever it is that we do. It was one of those days.

In noting the secretaries calendar yesterday ... we discovered there are only 17 work days before the Christmas break. We go through the 22nd. Pretty decent. At our work, we get holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas off with pay and this isn’t counted against the 10 regular vacation days we get each year. It’s a real perk. So, we’ll have 11 straight days off ... Yahoooooo! I think after this last break, we should be taking home some work to keep us busy. Most likely the Qnotes. I would like to dedicate the whole month of December to them. Sure be nice not to have to worry about them, especially with the State inspection come February. If I could get up through December taken care of then ... I wouldn’t have so much problem with the Annuals that will come up in January and February. I’m actually doing much better than last year, but not as well as the years before. Hmm.

Well, that’s about it for one morning. Not soooo much negative. Still need to work on it. We can consider this a short notes day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!   Etal!!!
A Beautiful Graphic!!!
V