Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Kitties and Slumber

Good morning! Kinda up early this morning. The kitties wanted attention at 2 am. And, now an hour later, where are they? Yah ha ha ... Back in BED! Chief has learned something new ... Well, both he and Missy know that if they chew on my hair, it will wake me up. But, this morning I was resistant, kept creeping a hand out of the nice warm comforter and pushing them away. I can do all of this with my eyes closed in only semi-awareness. But, they are onto that game. As soon as my hand slips back into the warmth, they attack again! After 4 or 5 times, I was conscious (which was THEIR plan, not mine!) So I looked up to see which kitty was irritating my sleep. Chief was sitting there inches from my eyes. And, for about 20 seconds we just stared confrontationally at each other. His dark black eyes did not twitch. I retreated by sinking my chin to my chest pulling the blanket up to my nose and closing my eyes one more time. This now is the new trick. He took the soft padding of his paw and he pressed it against my closed eye. I thought, oh man! He wants me to open my eyes?!! I didn’t want to give in right away, so again I pushed the paw away. He repeated this 5 or 6 times. I repeated it 5 or 6 times. THEN, he did the same eye pat, but with claws! Like Damn awfully dangerous to sleep around here! Ok, OK, I’M UP!!! Followed him into the bathroom where this time he patted my hand. This was my clever kitty saying he wanted a drink from the faucet. After he drank and bathed, we followed him into the kitchen where he made indications that he wanted more food. I thought MORE? You’ve got food! Obviously, he wanted me to top the dish. After that? I was so not into kitties anymore I immersed myself back into the computer. And now an hour later?? The girl kitty starts to meow! I tell ya I’d just as soon lock them in the bathroom! I could you know?! Haven’t, but I could!! Hmpf ... they both decided to wake up and have some canned food. If I here just one more meow though!!!

Hmm, least we got the morning yet, there’s always going back to bed. Hmm, 3:30 now ... imagine how nice it would be to slip back into that nice warm down comforter. Oooooooooh be nice ... Yup, yup ... that’s what I’m going to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

etal, that was funny!  That chief is a devil!!
V

Anonymous said...

Cats are amazing! I have a few silly ones myself.

Anonymous said...

Those are some determined kitties when they want there way. I've gone through quite a few kittens (sadly they are outside/indoor cats with the highway up the block) that would attempt to wake me up. The best one I can share with you is Sam the barn cat that we had liked to lay above my head then stick her claws in me while I'm sleeping and start kneading. I always woke up quick when she started THAT game.