Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Perks to Hard Work

Morning, morning ... We were up earlier, but went back to sleep for a couple of hours. There’s not much time yet to write. *Sigh*

Pretty much ... mostly the thoughts of the last couple of days are about work. I had finished my fourth CARF book and started to help Sr. Tess with the four books she’d been working on. I’m on my last one now.

There were a few surprise developments. The Administrator from our sister organization came to our Center on Saturday to help progress one of the bigger books remaining. She left a lot of sticky pad sheets of paper of things to be filling in later. One of the surprises was that after a year of not helping, the other Q volunteered some time. I’ll go over this book when she is done looking through it, but as of now it is sitting on her desk.

Another surprise was that the consultant volunteered time as well to be doing another "big book." These three people sit on either the Administration Team or the Governance Board. Although the help is late in coming, it is appreciated nonetheless.

We’ll do some detail work this morning on finishing up Sister Tess’ fourth book and in the process, she’ll start one of the last two remaining. I believe them to be only 11 standards all together. She’ll have time to jump start them because I’ll have the Thinking Group this morning. Plenty to do yet. We’re worrying about time to do an index and having a couple of stacks of new material ready to be filed in the books. This is considered the "touch-up" work.

Another big help has been the secretary. She’s been assisting Sr. Tess with her work on the books, but of late, Sr. Tess has let her assist me too. She’s done some great work at retyping reports and policies/procedures that either Sr. Tess or I have edited.

This "team" concept is something that has been lacking from the start of the CARF project. I’m glad for it now. I think it is not only more fair to me, it also gives more of the agency a feeling of ownership in the work that needs to be done toward accreditation. Shoot almost forgot ... I’ve been invited to the Advisory Committee late this afternoon to give a report on the development of our program. Lot’s to do, lot’s to do...

Hehe, can I say with the happiest of thoughts that last night Sr. Flo took mercy on me and our late night work hours and snuck me a small loaf of her homemade fabulous bread! There are perks with every job!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayn, sounds like everyone is pitching in!!!!! Good luck at the Advisory Committee!
Vince

Anonymous said...

mmmmm.....bread.....and melted butter....

damn...now i got to go get me some...

happy st. patty day ayn!

Anonymous said...

Teamwork is essential to the success of any project. I'm glad you are getting the help you deserve!

Mmm, nothing is as fragrant or delicious as fresh homebaked bread! Quite the perk!