Wednesday, March 3, 2004

Happiness and Grief

Man oh man ... were we surprised this morning. It takes us a while to go through our regular journal visits and we we’re kinda tired by the time we opened Vince’s, but WoW did it jump out and grab us! That’s all I’m going to say about that ... if you haven’t already, go peek!

I wanted to make another notation of something on a somber note of sadness.

Yesterday, we went to the wake of one of our client’s father. It was an unexpected heart attack. They left at 2 am this morning to bury him next to his mother in Mexico. Our client was very close to her father, but only has a mental age of five. She was happy to see Sr. Tess and I at the funeral parlor and wanted us right away to "go see." She kept repeating the doctor shot him with a needle and now he was cold. She repeated many times, "see, he’s cold ... touch him, he’s cold."

The family apparently told her that he was sleeping. I am figuring that when it comes time the real understanding, if ever these things can be understood, is going to be very harsh and overwhelming to her. The mother is also very fragile. They'd been married for 43 years and he took care of all the families important matters. Please keep this individual and her family in your prayers. God be with them and with yours.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, such tough times for maria and her family - of course, she will be kept in my prayers...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Flora ... And, I apologize to anyone who might be getting a garbled message of symbols. This entry was fine on my home computer, but unreadable at work. I'm sorry. Ayn

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your client's father, Ayn. :(

Anonymous said...

Ah, the garbled symbols. There is something very poetic and beautiful about the way they are arranged on the page, still. Hope to hear the story soon.
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Looks like DNA found at Flora`s!!!!
Vince

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Ayn}}}}} I cracked the 'code' and read the story. How sad.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vivian for being you. Sometimes I wish you all could meet the people I work with ... can't help feeling their ups and downs with them. This one is particularly hard ...

Sneaky on the code ...I figured out what you might have done ... Just copy/pasted into word, and all my words came back! Sneaky, sneaky ...