Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Duck, Duck Grey Duck (Goose)

Yesterday was a pretty good day all considered. We started at Dr. M’s office, then went to work and worked ‘til late.

Sr. Tess was in and out of her office. She was crabby, so we dedicated our day to staying in our office. We were able to concentrate well and progressed the work. We worked with three clients, but focussed most of the day, on one.

We went through all the notes written on this one individual for a one year period and did the corresponding Qnotes. This particular client is very, very quiet and introverted and hardly speaks. The DSP is doing very well with her and she was told this.  Although the client sleeps through a good portion of many days, she is just starting to show her preferences which we support all the way. Actually, kind of proud of her for the changes over the course of the year. 

Earlier at Dr. M's, I’d (Corey-28 yrs.) been out while waiting for the appointment. Was thinking through with Ayn (44 yrs.) of what was important to be remembering about the week. But, then time was lost and I wasn’t out front when Dr. M. Called for us. Anniemi (15 yrs.) knew that there had been a switch enough to pass that message on to Dr. M., but then soon after Annemarie (13 yrs) took over the majority of the time.

She seems to be living in a bad dream. It again involved the Grandfather and his 4 poster bed. We know that Dr. M. was working to get her to understand that she was now in his office, but Annemarie didn’t seems able to allow that reality into her consciousness. We think she then became afraid to move, because she thought our Crystal (2 1/2 yrs.) would come out fighting.

But, instead Anna (4 yrs.) came out and said something about a bunny, then left. Casies (7 & 9 yrs.) were next they seemed to be able to concentrate by "jumping" to get hold of an older part ... Jamie (32 yrs). 

It's new that Annemarie sees Dr. M. an unheard of to have Anna.  Crystal has never been.  It's very difficult on the "system" to have so many switches, but maybe there is more trust now.

Picture - http://www.courses.umass.edu/chappell/Images/Desc/DescDuck.html

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha!! Duckartes !!
Vince!

Anonymous said...

Trust....sure seems like it!!
Vince

Anonymous said...

trust is sometimes all we have john

Anonymous said...

Lead me through the dark. I will trust you. Help me find the light. I will be forever grateful. My trust in you is the key that will unlock hidden joys and wonders. Help me see. Help me live. You will be my crutch. My Regards to you all. Bill

Anonymous said...

Is this the first time that you've had to "switch" so often with Dr. M.? What does he say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aynetal3, I have been reading your journal(&others)just recently found about this stuff on my AOL. I must tell you I think you have got to be the most extraordinary and wonderful person I've ever heard or known about. I have had multiple sclerosis for 14 yrs.& I have hard enough time keeping up with one mind. You do wonders with all that you face daily. Thank you for allowing us to see what must be only a glimpse of what you are trying to overcome. SandyB.