Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Yeeks

Hmm, guess God’s gave me another "time-out." I was about 2 blocks from work and my car’s engine light came on yesterday. So, I turned around and parked her in front of the car repair shop and waited the hour until they opened up. They affirmed that was the correct thing to do and that they could check on her by later that morning. Then in a very nice way, they dropped me off at home.

So, by about 6 hours later ... I finally got to work. We stayed til 7 pm and got a ride home from the same friend. Maybe it wasn’t meant that this Inspection dealie is so important after all? We’ll see, we’ll see. The inspector guy is expected this morning at 9 am. The worst that could happen is that he’d closed the place, but most likely it’ll just mean if he "catches" the Center, he’d take away points and we’d be told to "catch-up!" *Sigh*

There is more "yuckie" stuff. Turns out the car’s health has put us into peanut butter and bread type recession. It cost $780. That is like almost as much money as I have to pay in bills other than rent each month and there’s no left overs and I’m behind in that.

I talked to my friend, my oldest son, and my doctor. And, I think it all comes down to paying for the car, rent, phone, electric, AOL and cable ... but, all the rest are going to have to go unpaid this month. I lost last night about an hour of work because I couldn’t stop crying.

Probably a silly thing. I’ve got a roof over my head, means to pay the car bill and about $60 bucks for "free spending money" ... like food and car gas. And, first of the month is just round the corner, right? The way we’re figurin this morning ... could be worse. Hmm, I don’t figure though we should figure out how bad it could be.

*Double Sigh* By tonight it’ll all be over. ‘Cept Sister says, I’ll have today through Saturday to be finishing up with most of what’s left over in work, because by Monday another Sister will come down from North of the City and start helping us prepare for our accreditation inspection middle of April. No time to breath quite yet.

Shoot gotta shower ... on the run ... wish us luck ...

Picture - http://acc.glowport.com/crt389.html

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ayn..April? Again? Ugh!! Great Pic
Vince

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what you can do with peanut butter and jam :) Sorry to hear about your troubles. Jeanne

Anonymous said...

SORRY TO HEAR OF THE CAR PROBLEMS MY TRUCK NEEDS BRAKES SO I BEEN DRIVING INEZ'S CAR,,,SHE LEFT IT HERE & I HAVE KEYS SO WHY NOT I SAY. I SHOULD HAVE MY TRUCK BACK SOON. LORD KNOWS I LOVE MY EXPLORER. JUST WANTED TO SAY HI ~BERLY

Anonymous said...

Vince - Yep April's right around the bend - and that inspection will last 3 days!

Jeanne - Hehe ... You have us livin on a cloud ... that peanut butter will be "straight-up!" Ms Jelly seems too pricey right now!

Berly - thanks for stoppin in. Not only expence of car high ... the older owner of the shop lectured us as well ... that sure wasn't fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your car problems and being behind on your bills because of it, but you have your health and your loved ones. Plus I'm sure you'll have the chance to catch up next month. So don't be too sad, all is not lost. It's just a temporary setback.

Anonymous said...

I too, know that feeling of "setbacks" and have lived on peanut butter and such.
But you know, as well as I do, that there's a light at the end of that tunnel. We don't give up, and God, he's carrying not only you, but me too. It's gonna be ok.
I see it every month, and I'm still here!
Much love to you, Penny