Sunday, February 1, 2004

Oh Oh

Shoot, is it still morning yet? We stayed up late last night, woke about 6, then went back to bed until 9 am. This is totally strange. Have to pull together my senses now. Hmm, maybe start by reheating the coffee? Yep, yep...

It was another one of those long, but good 12 hours days at the office. Besides the first hour, we were able to stay pretty much on track all through the day. Worked on a couple of clients both in the areas of Qnotes and Annuals. Would have liked to had had one more hour to finish, but I know Sr. Tess is watching the clock.

There was a problem in going home. Right before I got on the expressway, there was a loud noise coming from the bottom of my car. I was able to pull it into a gas station, but it wasn’t the kind that had mechanics. I thought maybe it was the ice around the wheels scraping, but that wasn’t it. I couldn’t see the muffler hanging, so I checked it out once more. Yep, still making that bad noise!

So, I called my friend. We had already agreed to meet up at 8 pm. Fortunately, the gas station was attached to a Subway sandwich place, so the waiting was warm and dinner was eaten. When my friend tried the car ... the sound was there, but then it stopped, so he decided we’d switch cars and try to get it home.

About the last 1/4 of a way, the noise started up pretty bad again. He thought it might be something about my brakes being loose or something. So, we’re going to need to address it first thing tomorrow morning. Just hate when this kinda stuff happens.

We were supposed to follow him home, but he shot out of there pretty fast and before I got out of the gas station his gas light started to flash orange. Shoot, just made it seem like I wasn’t ever going to make it home. Fortunately, we had our card with us. *Giggle* Got him some window wash too! Man, talk about car neglectful ...

Hmm, wondering now if the gas station down the corner is open and if it wouldn’t pay to have it towed down there today? Stands to reason if the brakes are broken, we shouldn’t be driving it, right? Hmm, didn’t answer. Maybe we’ll try again in a little bit.

Maybe we’ll feel a little less tense after we walk around the J-block ... It’ll be ok, right? It’s pretty important though to have a car that’s working.  *Sigh...*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack, about your car!! That's definitely no fun! I hope it's nothing too complicated and it's an easy fix! I was worried about my car not starting cause of the cold weather (it hasn't hit the double digits in temp in more than a week...) But luckily, when I went to start it last night, it started right up!!

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my journal and leaving a comment!! :)

-- Mallory

Anonymous said...

Pleased to meet you Mallory and thanks for the return visit. We know college isn't as easy as a day in play school, but if you put your heart into it, it will cooperatively warm your spirit!

Anonymous said...

...of course "it will be okay." consider it just a snag in this daily thing called life, eh? but happenings like this force us to stop, and look, and see things we wouldn't notice ordinarily. someone up there just hit the pause button for a little....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support most honored Floralilia ... Looks to me as if we've passed pay day and landed ourselves in jail again. My help doesn't arrive until well into the morning and he didn't promise that I'd be getting to work today and noted we might think of altering our plans for the next couple of days :(

Anonymous said...

OMG, I know what you mean! I depend on my car so much. The mere idea that something might be wrong sends me into anxiety. I hope your problem isn't too serious!