Friday, May 14, 2004

The Next Day

Mornin... Slept a long time. We woke up once, but then slept til 5 am. Pretty good!

This week seemed to go very fast, because it is already Friday and not sure what all happened. I suppose it would be a matter of reading back on the week? Nah, still have morning cobwebs. Hmm, I think coffee is ready. Hold on please.

Oh man! Forgot we had left over Chinese! What a nice morning surprise. We favor Governor’s Chicken. :)

Ok, ok ... think clearly here ...

Umm, yesterday. Most important thing is to say, that the Doctor didn’t/wasn’t able to say much more about the infarct. Except, there will be more tests. She is having us take a stress/echocardiograph tests.

We liked her as a doctor, ok enough to ask her if we could keep her. She said that would be ok. When she first came in. She asked if it would be ok to send in a resident first. We said, "No, it wouldn’t be ok." Then we told her about not coming in more often because we were so frustrated with not having contact with a regular doctor and that the residents kept ordering different tests then leaving, then the next resident would do the next thing, etc.

I think the Gods took mercy on us, because she listened and came in by herself. I still feel a little selfish, but I think it is going to be very important to develop a relationship with just one doctor. That she turns out to be a female ... all the better. She was very thorough and asked good questions. Not real personable the first time, but she had a lot of work to do with us. We caught her concerns.

It’s ok to have a business like doctor. I liked it that while we talked, she took notes on the computer and that when we mentioned stuff, she was looking it up already on the computer. For the sake of our memory that was very wonderful. One of the other things she did was to say that we needed to take a vision test. It hasn’t been done for 7-8 years and I guess its more important when you have diabetes. That was an ok thing, and we liked the part she didn’t overwhelm us with tests.

One of the things that came back though was our chest x-ray from the day before. That didn’t look so good. She said something about a notation made on it. Something about my lung didn’t look as if it were expanding properly and that there were some kind of white spot on it. She said that in a month or two, they would want to x-ray that again.

Another thing we found out is that the appointment for the hernia surgery is definitely off for the time being. Until they know what my heart is or is not capable of, she said that it wouldn’t be safe. It will still have to be done at some point.

A lot of information that I got yesterday was coming from Dr. M. It was a little frustrating, because Casey came out first. She didn’t appear to know much about the medical stuff, or much other for that matter, except that we had seen the first Harry Potter movie. As it turns out, Dr. M. was able to tell her that he’s read all the Harry Potter books and seen all the movies. I think that was very impressionable on all of us. Dr. M. is like the most amazing person!

He also told her of when she asked, "Where did you go?" I don’t think she knew what to make of it though. He said that he’d been to San Francisco and that it had been "stinky." Then he told her of all the homeless people and that they went to the bathroom everywhere outside. She’s still trying to figure that out. I don’t think she liked the thought of a stinky city or that her Doctor’s nose was offended. *Sigh*

I’m not sure, but I think there were more than one older part out after all that. Can’t concentrate on who yet. Maybe Annemarie, Jamie and Kate. Just can’t be sure. Still hurts to think about it. Just know that Dr. M. went to his computer and he was saying stuff.

Shoot, what happened there? We just went through this five minute period, where everything hurt, especially thinking and the bright light of the screen. It was like blinding. Im thinking that Annemarie was out and perhaps trying to say that she doesn’t want us to be thinking of these things. Shoot, shoot ... out again.

Think we aren’t going to talk much more. We do want to note one thing. Dr. M. Was explaining something about doing angioplasty (insertion of bubble into one of the heart vessels). Ok, that’s it ... done. Sorry Annemarie.

Maybe one more cup of coffee and some fresh ice water ... :)

Maybe it would be ok if we talked of work a little bit? We’re trying to figure out the vacation stuff. We hear you Vince, but thinking that we might need to be using our vacation time for doctor visits before July. Need to schedule something in for the 1 ½ days lost this week. Hmm, better talk to Sr. T about this one. I could see it going either way.

We weren’t able to do too much yesterday. Most of the time seemed to be spent with clients. One of the girls had carried through with the fighting she’d done the day before and got busted on it. She was one step away from the need to call mother to pick her up. Most of the day, she spent in the office with Sr. Tess.

And, one of the guys had convinced his cab driver to stop by for food the last two days. Problem is that he gets giddy, then oversensitive, then umm, a little on the violent side. We talked to his father. Seems he’d had two pieces of cherry pie the night before too. Hmm. That sure didn’t help. We worked with him on his gaining a sense of self control.

Shoot ... out of time ...

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Etal, I`m so happy that you now have a Primary Care Physician!! And you stood up on the Resident issue!!!    Whooppee!!
V

Anonymous said...

I agree with Vince.  A primary doctor is so important.  I'm glad you stood your ground on that one.  I also have Diabetes and am suppossed to get my eyes checked every year - I just am not too fond of getting my eyes dialated.  BUt it is important.  They can tell a lot of what 's going on in your body from looking into your eyes.  I too need to make an eye appointment.  I know it will take me a good hour after the exam to pick out new frames.  I always stress on if they look good on me... is that vain?
Have a good day sweeties  - Tammy

Anonymous said...

see - I think this little hernia came out just to make you pay attention to the larger issues.  Always a reason for things, eh?  You're doing a great job ayn and all - keep it up - follow this to the end...just think of all the medical information you can get into.  

I am glad you found a physician you like - she sounds very on the ball about things and respects your needs.  That's way important.  Before long, they will get you all patched up and good as new!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, good luck on the medical tests!  I'm glad you're getting comfortable with the doctor.  There's no reason to spend your time and money on someone who makes you uptight, ya know?

Anonymous said...

Ayn and all, you sure have been busy the few weeks I didn't drop by for a visit.  After all the AOL Top Five Picks debacle, I am still catching up with my journal reads.

Good luck on all the treatments, I'm glad to hear that you have one doctor and a female at that.  My mother, who also suffers from diabetes--and glaucoma and hypertension--has had the same lady doctor for 18 years.  I think she will be my mom's doctor until she retires, lol.

Dr. M. continues to sound like quite the guy, no wonder you're so fond of him.  =P

Anonymous said...

My Mom and my dad as well as many of my friends have had angioplasty done. They say that the relief is immediate and that the "pain" part is having to lay still have it is done for about six hours. I suggest that if you have it done to remove some of the plaque it will make you fell much stronger.