Monday, May 24, 2004

A Relaxed Day

Mornin... Mornin... Not much time today to write ... We woke up late, because we stayed up a whole 3 hours past our bedtime. Shoot, felt like a school kid on the first night of her vacation :)

*Sigh* But, we finally did wake up and low and behold ... we’ve got another working day... Hmm... It just seems to work like that.

I had a very nice day yesterday ... I never got to the work. Instead, I stayed on the computer with the journals all day and just read to my heart’s content! What a way to relax and enjoy the day!!

Hehe, well maybe not to all you. From what I read, a lot of you have full-motion lives that include being with people and going outside to see the world, or at least as far as to do some gardening and such. We are settling on the part that we can look into all that vicariously. For someone who spends as much time alone with as little allowance ... it is quite the life. :) It is like hearing the stories of Mom’s and Dad’s, grandparents and even a few of the kids. Not everyone is married of course, but we only found one story in a couple of hundred read where the journalist was pretty miserable.

I kind of cheated in my selections. I went through all of Scalzi’s weekend assignment providers, so I know a whole lot about people in the second grade. There were some very good stories in the bunch, so I read a little more on some of the people I visited. Then, because I was really caught up with journals, I picked quite a few of my favorite journalists and went through their favorite lists to see how many new people I could meet. But, it was definitely a lurking day ... I only left a few comments for the people I knew.

I found myself thinking, "Oh, so this is who that is!" Mostly because I recognized a lot of commenting people from the other sites. My favorite thing to do is just to read the last ten stories. A few times I went back in the history file, but not often. I figure this way I can get a lot of people "sense" and a whole lot more life varieties. It may sound a little goofy, but I only found one or two that I didn’t complete all ten first entries. Usually after I read the about me section and one entry I’m hooked and curious. It’s like ... well, they did leave the key under the front door mat!

Most of the people I was reading were people who have already seemed to have gathered a journal presence. They know what interests them in writing and have been around the block. Most were consistent journalwriters who write often and there was a huge variety of speaking styles. I do have to admit that I like the general commonality of form. In that I mean, I know that when I open a journal most likely there will be an introduction and a list of people that the journalist connect to.

One thing that surprised me was that most of the people who had families would definitely write about their children, but more often they’d write from their own heart and had established their own adult interests. That was pretty cool. I’m also surprised by the number of married people's journals out there where love is the rule and very little spouse complaining is done. It’s kind of cool really. And, of course, because this is the journal world loved by many, there is like not gossip of each other.

It seems that many of the people use the journals to sort out what’s going on in their lives. So many wonderful stories that include people (characters) that are most central to their day in day out lives. Suppose this would be kind of natural. But, it is different from journals where most the talk is about world events or such. I know I could find those journals to, but it’s not my general interest.

So, that’s about it for the weekend! Now it’s time to think ahead. Today is a Dr. M Day. :) It’s a little chillier than it has been of late. It’s only 57 degrees out there and we still have wind here in Chicago. Hmm, ‘tell we’re thinking ahead of what to wear? Just think millions of people around the world could be having that same thought right now as us! Not sure of what we’ll talk about today. I s’pose some of the negative reactions I had last week would be in order. Never know what will come to mind after we get there. Or, who’s mind for that matter. We’ve had some time to be not thinking of work for a day, so chances are maybe not so much from that direction.

One of the stray weekend thoughts was how much we liked Dr. M. We’re more apt to carry a sense of him, than not. One of the curiosities of late is how direct and immediate his umm, what would you call it? It’s the part where he’s listening intently and can go from relaxed and chuckling to terribly serious and in command all in about a second flat. It’s like we know when we’ve stepped out there on that ledge. He’s always there no matter how much we push and pull through life trying to make sense of it and how we are going to relate.

Maybe we could call it trust. Yeah ... maybe focus on that some more. Yeeks. Gots to be goin! Take care the day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is so much fun to go through all the favorite lists and read journals that belong to people who've made interesting comments... etc.  If only it wasn't so time-consuming! Now that it's so many people, one could easily spend an entire day doing that.  By the time you finished your reading-rounds, you could be behind on new entries that have piled up while you were reading, lol.

As for talking about fights with the spouse... well, a few do so, and it's good that they have a place to vent.  Everyone argues and gets angry with their spouse sometimes.  Obviously some more than others.  I'd never feel comfy writing about that in my journal though.  Not with it being public and it'd just make me feel too weird.  I write about enough stuff that I'm embarrassed to read later, lol.

Anonymous said...

I`m glad you took a day off!!!!!!   Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V