Saturday, January 17, 2004

Cookie Break

Guess what? Guess What?? You know what? We got a day off!

It’s by accident, we’re sure. I went out to the car this morning and warmed her up for 20 minutes and I still couldn’t get the ice off the front windshield. So, we called Sr. Tess to tell her we’d be late and she said we should take the whole day off! She said there are a lot of warnings out because the roads are so icy. Instead we’ll go in Monday although Monday was supposed to be a day off. Suits us fine!

We want to apologize for anyone who has stopped by to find that we haven’t yet updated for a couple of days. I think we’re trying to take on too much work again and the tiredness of doing this is affecting our sleep patterns. Been waking up too late to write or visit. Maybe we can make up for some lost time now that we have a couple of days off.

There is a new addition to the schedule. We’ve took it upon ourselves to take part in a local committee. We’re going to try holding back our interests, but we were feeling kind of bad for them. In our state, the government forms citizen/providers councils in different areas of the state to advise the higher ups of things going on in the field of developmental disabilities. It is considered a grass roots group.

My friend is the treasurer and I had known that the secretary who had the responsibility of taking minutes had dropped out (There is parent members and provider members who share each of the positions). None of the other council members had the ability or desire to take minutes, and it was taking a negative toll on the group, so I finally volunteered.

*Giggle* We don’t want too much work though, so we said if they would like, we could be the secretary to the remaining secretary. That’s it! Pretty good, huh? The first meeting was on Wednesday night. I liked it and they seemed to like me! The deal is I work for "cookies." All kinds, chocolate, frosted, sandwich, powdered ... you know I’m usually pretty opened minded on this kind of stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you were to ask me...officially, cookies are always in order!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Florialilia ... see I known right along I'd be a good Floralilialander. We think alike! You are definately one of the good guys! We'll even take a fig newton if offered with sincerity!