Sunday, January 18, 2004

We're Now Part of a New Team

This weekend something special happened. John accepted us as one of his fellow award- GIVER panel members.  We hold John in high regard and spend so much of our free time reading journals, we volunteered. We are hoping the match up of John, Berly, Bill, Crystal and us will prove to be a positive equation in promoting journal awareness within the journal community.

We received the Excellence Award for Journaling on September 24th, 2003.  John has given almost 50 awards since he began the program. I know that he had it in his heart all along to honor and give respect to people and their writing. John has contributed more than most, and in return earned the respect of the community due to his kindness, sincerity, and generosity of time.

I believe John's recognitions came before AOL had changed their recognition program. Through a slight on AOL's part, Journal-people grew to be a stronger community who moved forward again by honoring their peers in giving the first AOL Journal Awards presented on November 9th, 2003. Now, there is to be a second AOL Journal Award presentation.  

Between these events and a few other such as Frank having created the Journal Enquirer, then having passed and the tragedy that Mary faced in the loss of her home ... These factors helped to draw people together.

From the Beta-testing days in July to the present time the community continues to progress.  At this time, a half year later, there seems to be a new surge of people interested in not only the journaling, but in the community experience.

Being in a community will mean people taking time to get to know one another.  Don't wait for someone to come to you, go out and meet the neighbors.  They'll be your best supports.  I feel at least for me, this is the right thing to be doing.  Thanks John G. once again for this opportunity to take part in something larger than just us.  And, active journaling to all new and old!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!, thank you for this wonderful entry. There would not be an award if we didn't have all these great Journal's such as your's. Im very happy to have you on the panel and look forward to our sharing this together.

John G.

Anonymous said...

HI!...my name is Fran..I'm part of the group...I'm new at this "journaling thing," so please bear with me.........all I know, is I like to write.......and I do it, journal or not............I always have the words going through my mind, about what should be written. I pray to God that my written words will somehow help others, someday, and I need it as a catharsis for myself. Pleas read my journal! http://JOURNALS.aol.com/CRYSTAL MOON 222/REFLECTIONS OF A PRISON WIFE/

Anonymous said...

I am also looking forward to our working together. I think this will be fun, interesting, and fulfilling. We will make a Great Team. Bill

Anonymous said...

Very nice and will be looking to reading some of these journals john

Anonymous said...

looks like we're all in for a treat, eh?

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys ... this whole community business ... just think your all sooooo cool! Feeling like this is one of my life's biggest accomplishments so far to be one of you all. We're thinking this is so big, that maybe we'll even tell the boys. The kids and us like to be proud of each other, but it takes a lot to impress them! And, Fran ... we enjoyed stopping over. You are so right in the writing being good for the soul!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,ALL!
You deserve all of the accolades that you receive!

Anonymous said...

Hehe - It like all of the good stuff people say goes into making a big quilt to lay on our minds when we are sleepin! We're feeling real tucked in! :) Sarah and Jesse

Anonymous said...

I TOO AM EXCITED ABOUT BEING ON THE TEAM THE AWARDS PANEL. AND I AM SO LOOKING FOWARD TO THE MANY JOURNALS TO READ THRU AND THE PROCESS OF .. SO MANY GRAT JOURNALS.. SO LITTLE TIME. JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND SAY HELLO. ~BERLY

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ayn on being accepted to work on the panel I know it will not be work but a labor of love for you.