Saturday, January 10, 2004

A Hard Day

Yesterday was a hard day. We were distracted at the end by going out with some friends from work. The one we hadn’t seen for awhile ... she’d quit the center ... is now due in April, is reported to have eloped, and is sporting a very sparkly diamond on her finger. She seemed happy with the turn of events as did her hubby.

As a side turn of events, this friend invited another friend who was humorous, but demanded being the center of attention. So, we finally conceded and just sat back to be entertained.

We attended two meetings yesterday and got some small things accomplished.

The first meeting was the Administration meeting. It was hard. Sr. Tess was in a angry mood and appeared to demand strict control. The regular meeting was rushed because of CARF being on the agenda, but when it came to that subject. She refused anyone else the floor.

Basically, her point was that no one could talk about it until after things were caught up for the State inspection at the end of February. I had put together notebooks catching everyone up with where we stood, but she wouldn’t allow them to be introduced. So, instead of getting the help that was needed, the project became even more buried in difficulty.

I left the meeting quickly afterward because by then my eyes had become wet and blurry. That was followed by anger. I thought I’d be able to control it, but after a few moments of being back in our office, our friend (also at the meeting) came in and tried to exert his control and power too. It was a very bad scene.

By the second meeting, the staff meeting, we were back in control of ourselves. At least we were quiet and respectful.

I had to have a letter going out to all the parents approved. Sr. Tess I guess had sensed some of my anguish and in private with me, she tried to be consoling. All I could do was say, "Yes, ma’am."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough day . . . want to share some of that Smirnoff? Vodka and OJ?

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys! I just wanted to come + say how much I really love you guys, and how wonderful it has been sharing bits and pieces of our lives together. I read your Jan. 4th entry, and I may bring new expression, but you bring to everyone a completely new way to look and think at things. I am SO glad I found you all through AOL journals, and I won't be letting you go anytime soon!
Love,
Erin
P.S. My new email address is VanishingXPhile@charter.net + my AIM name will be kept the same.

Anonymous said...

Erin - we sent you our best love, you weren't in so we left it in your new garage! *Giggle*

Irun - You know we could go either way ... OJ or Bloody Mary ... your call *sheepish grin* And, thanks. We are feeling better. Just had the wind knocked out of me and we fell on our tail bone ... Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Sigh, why are some so intent on powerplay to the detriment of the whole team's progress? If they would only quit proving who's boss, everybody would have a more productive time. Sorry about your work difficulties, ayn. Hopefully, calmer--and more sensible--minds will prevail!

Anonymous said...

Ayn sounds like you've had some serious challenges. I Hope you only needed to look at the vodka and not drink the whole bottle :) Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Vivian ... just wanted you to know, we did no more damage than having 1 1/2 small bottles of Smirnoff Ice ... they're only 5% alcohol (like a wine cooler). We're pretty responsible even when mad :)

Anonymous said...

The challenges are serious, last year twice they reached so overwhelming among other challenges that I went over the top. Muse ... I've asked that question before, especially during therapy. We've had to resolve trying to work through it, but sometimes it's a lot of anxiety and angers us to no end. They both have calmer periods, but there's always a bottom line. :(

Anonymous said...

You are a very loving and kind lady with a wonderful heart. Guess because I have a drink now and then Im a drunk? dodn't think so...Keep on doing what you are and be happy.

John G.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was such a rough day. If it's any consolation, your writing about the event was intriguing and made me feel like I was right there in the meeting! I hope things have improved since that day. :-)
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting John and Donna. Things have gone up and down since then. For the most part we can be ok as long as we have the opportunity to keep working through the problems. There is plenty of work to be doing. John feel like we're reflecting off of you. 'Cept you don't seem to complain as much. "Yeeks! Giggle"