Friday, January 2, 2004

Sigh ... The Computer

Well, looks like another late morning start. *Giggle* We were up much earlier, but decided to go back and grab a couple hours of extra sleep. That be like real vacationing, right?!

The thought that seems to be struggling through most predominantly this morning regard the marvels of the computer world. I’m pretty sure you all have in your own minds what it means to be a part of a technology’s foreplay, but this morning we want to personally stop and appreciate this for a few seconds of our day.

To me the computer represents a freedom of the mind unsurpassed by none other.  I’m not sure whether we appreciate more the programs or the Internet. I suppose there is no separating the marvels of either.

It is beyond recognition, the admiration I have for the people who work to put these possibilities into practice. I think that there is a wonderful Jungian collective mind in this world that is working to provide me and all of you with "the pursuit of happiness," and may I add personal, family and community security! 

With the computer, I can make sense of all that could possibly enter my mind. It blows me away that in almost every thought or query I hold, someone has been there before and provided a logical path for me to follow.

I know I’m being a little vague in why I feel so much excitement now. I’m not sure why this has come over me. Maybe partly because in my youth, we grew up in a world where we felt such contrary feelings of great ineptitude and isolation.

It made us feel very crazy and had terrorized us so much, that we dug out for ourselves a place to hide in our bedroom closet and had very long periods of time where we refused to acknowledge the world's reality. 

Today, I feel like I live out in the world ... and believe me, I’m in awe of the splendor of all that our (yours and ours) minds can produce.   Just lovin the whole darn thing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I have been enjoying your supportive comments over at substance! So, I thought I would get off my lazy butt and come over here for a visit, lol. I love
your entry! it is filled with such hope and enthusiasm for a world that at one time you hid from. beautiful. Good for you Ayn, you are an inspiration to me and I bet to others as well. :)