Thursday, January 29, 2004

Soul Searching (Part 1 of 2)

*Sigh* Here we go again ... another fine morning. My toes are a little cold. The kitties insisted we let a little winter into the living room. They scratch and scratch and the balcony door as if they were dogs trying to be let out for a walk. There is no official news about the life change, but we’re not figuring to hear anything until at least after Sunday. Usually that is the day that Sister goes up north to visit with her mother and be with the other sisters.

I very much appreciated the comments left by you (Irun, Bill, Anna and Vince). I know this is a major important decision and a lot of thought should be put into it. I also heard from our oldest son last night and received a quick note from our psychiatrist.

Independence is the biggest concern so far. I’ve been without a husband for 14 years now. This is as great amount of time as having been married. Besides the seven years the boys continued to live with me, the rest of the time, we’ve lived by ourselves. Well, almost. The kitties have been with me six of these years.

One of the best consequences of communicating with others yesterday was that Macadam and Lee said, they would take my kitties if we were accepted into the position. Macadam and Lee both listened to my own arguments either way. I know that they will support me with whatever happens. This means a lot. We made calls to our other two sons, but they have not been returned yet.

As far as worldly possessions ... The few family heirlooms would be passed down to the boys and my furniture is of the type that is very throw awayable. Books are a little harder. I’ve about 80 feet of them. I figured that I would keep the wooden kitchen/dining room table for my computer set up and ask the dresser in the new room be removed. I have very few clothes. I’d also keep my tall wicker shelves for a few mementoes. It’s fairly narrow and shouldn’t be in the way. Thinking Jacob may be able to use some of the kitchen things, or they'd be donated to the women's shelter. I'd keep my slushie machine!

Dr. M. Listed as pros having more company, less money for rent (It free up $870 a month), and more structure. The cons were a change toward one of my friendships, the kitties, and my privacy. We’ll talk more about this during our appointment tonight.

Hmm, if it ok, I think we’re going to continue this as a double entry. We’ve thoughts to sort through.

No comments: