Thursday, January 1, 2004

Day #1

Hmm, suppose the logical thing would be to figure out how we’re feeling about the brand New Year. Yep, just checked the computer’s clock. It does indeed say 2004.

Well, I guess that means the "yays" won over the "nays." Good, good...

Looking forward, I figure that we have a lot to be thankful for. This morning we pause to take an inventory ... inventory over our resources and resourcability.

So far, we’ve maintained an apartment. (Shoot better deposit rent check!), We’ve got a car that runs, and enough dinners in the cupboards to make it through the next week.

Our boys are safe and sound, most of our friends are happily married, we’re in love with our psychiatrist, and I’m pretty sure our boss means to keep us!

Safety and Health seem to be doing much better, I feel my I’m in compliance with my rights, I like my roommates, leisure is all good, and we seem even to be liking ourselves.

When I ask myself how are we different than last year, all fingers seem to point in the same direction. This year we’re starting off with God in our corner.

Please don’t take this wrong. We don’t figure to be converting anyone here or veering right wing, but...

It’s just that there was this one point during the chaos of ‘03 that we needed to do some pretty strong figuring.  Basically, we needed help more than E.R. and even the good Dr. M. could supply ... though he tried real hard!

When we stopped to ask, there was an immediate response. He said, "Have faith in Me."  So we said, "Ok."  

For the last 5-6 months, He has kept us company, is never too busy to listen, He always knows how to treat us with respect. His love is unimaginable. And if He were to use the toilet, we’re pretty d*mm sure, He’d leave the seat down!

That's all.  Just wanted to make this point real clear.  All of who I am, what I represent, and all that I'm able to give, comes through Him.  Just have to remain open to the love we feel is shared.  Thanks for this and much more!

Day #1's all good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! countinued blessings to you! siempre, Shasta

Anonymous said...

Great entry, Ayn. I truly believe in the healing power of love and God is a plentiful source. Drink up! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting at my journal. You certainly don't need to be bashful around me. Stop by anytime . . . we'll start counting the miles again tomorrow afternoon . . . .